Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm "Waiting on":


Arise
By Tara Hudson
Release Date: June 5, 2012
Series: Hereafter

Description:

Amelia—still caught between life and death—must fight for every moment of her relationship with the human boy Joshua. They can hardly even kiss without Amelia accidentally dematerializing. Looking for answers, they go to visit some of Joshua’s Seer relatives in New Orleans. But even in a city so famously steeped in the supernatural, Amelia ends up with more questions than answers…and becomes increasingly convinced that she and Joshua can never have a future together.Wandering through the French Quarter, Amelia meets other in-between ghosts, and begins to seriously consider joining them. And then she meets Gabrielle. Somehow, against impossible odds, Gaby has found a way to live a sort of half-life...a half-life for which Amelia would pay any price. Torn between two worlds, Amelia must choose carefully, before the evil spirits of the netherworld choose for her.

7 comments:

Patricia said...

Haven't read the prequel yet. ;_; Probably will do that, soon. :) Great pick!

Patricia // My WOW

Adriana C said...

I haven´t read the first book.I like the cover
My WOW

Unknown said...

I've read Hereafter a couple of weeks ago and I just breezed through it. I have an ARC of this and it's a good choice.

Talk Supe | Our WoW

Steph (Poetry to Prose) said...

I must admit that I didn't really enjoy the first book much, but the covers are gorgeous. I hope you enjoy it when it's released!

Aneeqah said...

I didn't fall in love with the first book, like many people did, but I'm still looking forward to this book! The cover is very pretty, and I'm interested to see what happens in the story.

-Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

iLuvReadingTooMuch said...

I LOVED HEREAFTER!! I totally can't wait for this one :) Great pick!

I'm a new follower!

Rabiah
Confessions of a Readaholic

Denise Z said...

Wow what a cover!