Monday, April 23, 2012

Musing Monday

MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB at Should be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week’s musing asks…
Other than working at a job, what is your biggest interruption to reading? What takes you away from your book(s)?


There are always interruptions and some are welcomed and some are not.  The biggest thing that stops me from reading as much as I'd like would by my kids.  The require attention and sometimes I just can't get enough of them cause they are too darn cute (one is five the other is 1 and both are girls).  Right now I always feel like my life is full and I'm running very thin on time and energy.  I have the kids, and then family, and my lovely blog which I do mostly at work (shhh don't tell anyone) and then I also do craft things through http://www.swapbot.com/ and then there is the party planning right now for the kids birthdays.  Oh and I also take a cake decorating class once a week and that definitely takes up a lot of my time.  And somewhere in between all that (and work also which we weren't supposed to mention but I will because it's been super busy there) I have to find time to read and of course sleep when I can.  Which usually isn't much. 

How about you?  What's interrupting your reading?

11 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE your answer! Family is definitely a welcome distraction – thank you for sharing! :)

Here’s mine:

http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays-to-z-challenge-t.html

Tabby said...

Family was also my answer! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Tabby @Insightful Minds

caite said...

oh, I get the work thing..I won't tell... lol

Unknown said...

Yes, family, especially if you have little kids, pulls you away from reading. But it's a good kind of distraction :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays_23.html

Unknown said...

Yes, family, especially if you have little kids, pulls you away from reading. But it's a good kind of distraction :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/musing-mondays_23.html

Meghan@OwlReadIt said...

Family is definitely a recurring answer today, but like you said, it is the best kind of interruption. I don't even like to think of it as an interruption to my reading cause I love spending time with them so much. here's my MM: http://booking-and-hooking.blogspot.ca/2012/04/musing-mondays-apr23.html

Kwizgiver said...

I got tired just reading about how busy your life is compared to mine!
:-)

Michelle said...

Awww, I love little toddlers. :) That's not so bad of a distraction, kids are cute! For me its my dog and my Etsy shop. Great post, & you have a new follower as well. :) Would love it if you could check out mine <--- :)

JC Jones said...

My sons have been grown for a long time but I remember how much I enjoyed them when they were young. Great post. Here is mine

MM

Yvonne said...

Those are definitely big interruptions! For me it's TV and computers.

Unknown said...

I forgot to include my blog as one of my distractions. Thanks for sharing yours and stopping by my blog!