Monday, April 30, 2012

Musing Monday

MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB at Should be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week’s musing asks…

Do you listen to audio books? If not, why not? And, if so, what has been one of your favorites, so far?


This one is actually an easy one for me.  No I don't, it's just too weird for me.  I have to read it myself but my own emphasis where I think there is emphasis and just paint my own picture with my own mind and word.  So this way it will be only the world I create (from the book the author has written of course but completely my imagination).  Also it is weird having people tell a story with an accent when I really wouldn't. 

How about you?  Audio books Yah or Nah?.

12 comments:

Meghan@OwlReadIt said...

I haven't tried them yet either. I want to try them but I kind of agree with you. You want to read it your way. Here's my answer in full: http://booking-and-hooking.blogspot.ca/2012/04/musing-mondays-apr-30th.html

Gigi Ann said...

Yah! I do occasionally listen to audiobooks. There are some books I just don't feel like reading, especially if they are long-winded stories with a lot of what I call unnecessary filler. I have always enjoyed listening to someone read, I guess it started in elem. school, when the teachers would take a half hour and read from a book each day until it was completed.

Thanks for your visit today.

Unknown said...

Nah for me! :)
I like that with reading comes the effort that I put into it. what fun is it if I relinquish everything to the audiobook??
thanks for stopping by! have a wonderful week

JC Jones said...

Mine was a yes. Thanks for Visiting.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you. i like to see the world I'm reading about in my own eyes. And it really is awkward to listen to an audiobook, at least for me. It's like I'm just sitting there when I feel like I should be doing something.

Anonymous said...

Never finished an audio book. :)

I suppose it also depends on how suitable the voice is for the material he/she is reading.

Thanks for dropping by! :)

caite said...

That is it, isn't it. Reading paints a picture, and I want to paint my own, not hear someone else's ...it too intrusive somehow.

Synchronized Reading said...

That's how I thought it would be before I tried it, but shockingly I really liked it!

Kwizgiver said...

This has been such an interesting Musing! I'm going to give audiobooks another try. I think I'm going to look for a favorite celebrity reading it, whatever it may be.

Anonymous said...

I never thought about that, I do agree with you, that I want to read it my way.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Yvonne said...

I do prefer to read the book myself, but I do listen to books when I'm in the car.

DHB said...

I completely agree!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.