Thursday, April 26, 2012

Booking through Thursday

A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. Hosted at Booking Through Thursday. BTT interviewed their readers for a change, and their final question was, “What question have they NOT asked at BTT that you’d love them to ask?” They got some great responses and will be picking out some of the questions from time to time to ask the rest of you. Like now.
Two people asked a similar question:

Charlie Quillen asks:
Has a book ever inspired you to change anything in your life, fiction or non-fiction alike?
Lindsay asks:
There have been books I loved, books that I fell in love with, and books that changed my life, and they’re not always the same nor mutually exclusive.

I don't really think any book has every significantly changed my life or inspired me to change my life.  Only one book that made me get back into reading.  But that isn't really a change as I used to read a lot when I was younger as well.  I don't know anyone who's every changed anything because of a book, so I really can't wait to see every one's responses today.  I've always believed that you should be who you are, and really at this point nothing can change that for me personally.  You can say whatever you want but I will still be me.



7 comments:

Eva said...

Good answer.
I could find one book that I think made a huge different, but that's it.

Unknown said...

Good answer!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Books leave an imprint on our minds that might not change anything right away, but a cumulative effect comes about...and perhaps slowly.

Maybe it's something as small as a slight shift in perspective.

Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

Unknown said...

Even if it wasn't a significant change, perhaps it was just significant enough of a reminder to read more :)
have a wonderful thursday!

Anonymous said...

Good answer, I agree.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/booking-through-thursday_26.html

Reading Kelly said...

Great answer. I agree with you. Thanks for stopping by.

The Book Rogue said...

Very good answer. Having confidence in youself despite of knowing that you're full of flaws, like any person, is a very good quality in a character. =)
My BTT this week