Monday, October 24, 2011

Musing Monday

MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB at Should be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week’s musing asks…

Do you listen to audio books? Why, or why not?

I have to honestly say that I CANNOT listen to audio books.  I've tried, believe me I've tried.  I see people on goodreads finish books so quickly because they are reading audio books, and so I was like OK let me try one out.  I put it on my ipod and tried to listen to it, first it was British accents (duh British author) but I just could NOT get into it.  It was not enjoyable at all.  I couldn't understand half the time and I felt like I was in kindergarten getting read to.  Nope definitely not for me.  I'll read to myself in my mind thank you!

What about you?

3 comments:

Trish said...

i have been able to enjoy audiobooks in the past -- but the story has to be REALLY good.

Trish - My Musing Monday

Kat said...

I feel the same way. :) Although I haven't actually tried an audiobook before I feel like the voice of the narrator would be too distracting.

Miz Creatrix said...

I just can't do it either. It feels too much like some sort of attempt at forced hypnosis to me. The few times I've tried have been unsuccessful for a variety of reasons.