Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: •Grab your current read •Open to a random page •Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page •BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) •Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser for the week:

“My mom . . . made cookies.” I cringe after the words leave my mouth. Who invites a guy over for cookies? Maybe my brother does, but he’s in kindergarten. “It’s not like it’ll be a date or anything,” I blurt out in case he thinks I’m secretly trying to hit on him. “Just . . . cookies.”

9 comments:

collettakay said...

Cute teaser! It made me smile :)

Here's mine:

http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/03/teaser-tuesdays-31312.html

Colletta

Kathy Martin said...

Wow! That brings back memories of being an adolescent. Sounds good.

My teasers are from Fair Game by Patricia Briggs and Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter. Happy reading!

Leya said...

Great teaser! Great book cover too. :D

WildIrishRose33 said...

I LOVE the cover of that book. I also remember inviting guys over for "non-date cookies". :-P Good teaser choice.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amanda said...

I REALLY want to read Elkeles' books. I have yet to give them a try.

I love this teaser!

Pamela said...

I've heard fabulous things about this series. And I love the covers. You definitely gave us a great teaser!

Feel free to check out my teaser here.

Marce said...

Kindergarten date, that is hilarious.

Karen and Gerard said...

Sounds like a fun read!

Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/03/tuesday-teaser-twice.html

Jennifer said...

I've heard so many peeps rave about this one. Sounds like a really fun read.