Thursday, March 1, 2012

Booking Through Thursday

A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. Hosted at Booking Through Thursday.

Today's question is:
Have you ever fallen in love with a fictional character? Who and what about them did you love?


Hmm.  Love.  That is a very STRONG word.  I wouldn't say Love, perhaps swoon a little, or sigh with the thoughts that oh if I could find someone like that.  Or even man I wish I was her so that I could have him treating me that way.  Or even just a major book crush in that hmm if only I was a fictional character and we lived in that fictional town etc etc etc.  hehe, but Love is a strong word lol.  But let's get back on track ... crushes on characters, oh there are so many.

Have you ever read Something Maybe by Elizabeth Scott, anyway there is this guy in there who is the main character's friend, but of course she is in love with this other boy who really isn't worth her time.  He's always in the background defending her and she doesn't even realize it and then finally something breaks and she sees him for the great guy that he is and that's when they get together.  That book always makes me swoon, have you read it?

And of course Jennifer Echol's between her two male characters in Endless Summer and Going Too Far, they are both very different but kind of the same.  One has ADD and just sounds totally hot think maybe like Adrian Grenier, in his younger non bearded ways.  I like the bad boy sensitive crazy ADD of it all.  Then there is John After I think muscle but not extreme dark hair (I always picture my guys with dark hair even if they say they are blond LOL) that quiet artistic uniform wearing total yumminess. 

Of course there are other characters as well such as Jace from Mortal Instrument series by Cassandra Clare or even Edward and Jacob from Twilight (but let me just say in my head they look NOTHING like Robert Pattinson and Tayler Lautner. 

Anyway before I get myself all in a tizzy, who are your love worthy swoon worthy characters and why?

3 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Interesting...I haven't read the books you mentioned, but I can identify with "character love."

Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

Anonymous said...

There are so many that you could name.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday.html

brandileigh2003 said...

The movie jacob is actually pretty much like I imagined, no shirt and all (yes I am too old to say that probably). But my Edward doesn't look like patinson.

Check out my answer here