Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: •Grab your current read •Open to a random page •Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page •BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) •Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser for the week:

I'm standing in a river. It's blue. Dark blue. Reflecting the color of the evening sky.

Crossed
By Ally Condie
Release Date: November 1, 2011
Series: Matched

This is the first line from the first chapter and I can't wait to dive into this book.

What's your teaser?

13 comments:

Jennifer G. said...

I've heard a lot about this series. I'll have to check it out!

http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-cold-kiss-by-amy-garvey.html

Anonymous said...

I got this one yesterday. Can't wait to read it, love that teaser!

Unknown said...

That's a great teaser! I can't wait to read Crossed. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

Monaliz said...

I've heard about this series many times, but still haven't had a chance to read it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Unknown said...

This is the first line, wow, sounds interesting!
I've never heard of the series...i'll have to check it out, thanks for sharing.

Here's my teaser:
http://ttoria.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays.html

TToria
xo
http://ttoria.blogspot.com

ps following! :-)

Brittani said...

Thanks for stopping by! Great teaser! It was mine a few weeks ago!

Unabridged Bookshelf said...

This series looks so good! That is a beautiful teaser. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my Teaser.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Cathy,

To be perfectly honest, this is probably not a book that I will be adding to my reading list, as fantasy is not one of my favourite genres.

However, the teaser lines really set the atmosphere and scene for the start of the story and I like the cover art a lot.

Thanks for stopping by Fiction Books ... what a coincidence .... I see that you live in Somerset County, New Jersey ... I also live in the County of Somerset, UK, in the town of Frome.

Have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

Yvonne

Fireflywishes said...

I have Matched so I can't wait to read that and then get to this one! I hope you love it :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

Happy Thanksgiving!
April @ My Shelf Confessions

Jennifer said...

I loved Matched. Crossed is at the top of my wish list and I'm curious as to what she's doing standing in a river. Definitely going to find out though. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

I have an ARC of this but haven't gotten around to it yet. Nice teaser! Kinda reflects the cover a bit ;)

Let's Evaluate said...

Great teaser! I really need to get around to reading Matched! [:
THanks for stopping by my TT!

Erin @ Let's Evaluate

Anonymous said...

Never heard of this book, but it looks nice.