Thursday, November 10, 2011

Booking Through Thursday


A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. Hosted at Booking Through Thursday.

Todays question is:

E-readers like the Kindle and iPad are sweeping the nation … do you have one? Do you like it? Do you find it changes your reading/buying habits? If you don’t have one, do you plan to?

I have a Kindle, I actually got it for Christmas last year, and I abuse the **** out of it.  I love it, it's the main source of my reading.  Yes I would love to have all the books for real but in reality I've run out of space but I luckily on the occasion get some real books I can hold in my hand.  The kindle is convenient and easy to carry around, I don't have to worry about bending pages.  And now with the Kindle Fire coming out!!!! I can't wait and well I hope I actually get that for Christmas (it's on my wish list) because I think I wore my Kindle out.  I think because of having an ereader I find it easier to read and because of this I read a lot more than I used to.  I would recommend it to anyone and if they were cheaper I'd even give them out to friends and family for Christmas:-)

6 comments:

MJ Thomas said...

I haven't heard of the Kindle Fire... what's different about it? I love the convenience of being to take lots of books with me everywhere I go.

Here's my BTT.

Anonymous said...

I still prefer the actual book.

Unknown said...

I still prefer the actual books. Maybe I'm old fashioned but real books just stimulate my senses.

Gigi Ann said...

I don't have an e-reader yet! But I'm sure in a year or two I may get myself one. However, until then I will be a page turner.

Unknown said...

I have a kindle. I love it! I wouldn't read near as much as I have id it wasn't for that. I do collect regular books but usually they're books I've already read and I love their covers.

The kindle fire reminds me of the iPad. It plays movies and games and stuff. Yet it reads as well. Idk that I'd wanna read on it tho. I imagine after a bunch of use it'd hurt ur eyes. My son wants one tho. He says it reminds him of daddy's iPad.

Anonymous said...

The cheapest Kindle now is $79 so I can see it being a really affordable gift this Xmas. I tell all my friends about all the free books they can get from Amazon (and also post them on my blog) so I've converted a fair number to getting an eReader. No one I know has ever been disappointed with their new toy :)