Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: •Grab your current read •Open to a random page •Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page •BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) •Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser for the week:

Getting over Garrett Delaney
By Abby McDonald
Release Date: January 24, 2012

“Garrett! What happened? Did she cheat on you? Did you finally get sick of her reading Cosmo all the time? Did she throw one tantrum too many?” Garrett has a thing for redheads, and drama club girls at that. I’ve thought about dyeing my hair and nearly auditioned for the spring play, but somehow, I don’t think even that would make the difference. “Wait. I’m sorry,” I say, reminding myself that I’m supposed to be the supportive friend here — rather than, you know, filled with wild hope and rapturous expectation. “The most important thing is, are you OK?”

********************

I know it's longer than usual but I couldn't resist putting in a paragraph.

2 comments:

Beth F said...

So typical teenager to even think about dying one's hair for a boy. Good teaser.

I'm playing today here

danicapage said...

Definitely agree with Beth's comment. Great teaser. I've been wanting to read this one.

Here's my Teaser Tuesday.