Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm "Waiting on":

Butter
By:
Release Date: September 18, 2012

Description:
A lonely obese boy everyone calls "Butter" is about to make history. He is going to eat himself to death—live on the Internet—and everyone is invited to watch. When he first makes the announcement online to his classmates, Butter expects pity, insults, and possibly sheer indifference. What he gets are morbid cheerleaders rallying around his deadly plan. Yet as their dark encouragement grows, it begins to feel a lot like popularity. And that feels good. But what happens when Butter reaches his suicide deadline? Can he live with the fallout if he doesn’t go through with his plans? With a deft hand, E.J. Lange allows readers to identify with both the bullies and the bullied in this all-consuming look at one teen’s battle with himself.

***********

Why I'm waiting for it:
Because doesn't it sound kind of weird but it's like something you just can't turn your head from.  It sounds too interesting not to be curious about this read.  Not a dystopian or love story this would def be out of the norm for me but I'm intrigued.  How about you what are you waiting for?

9 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What a unique story! And it sounds like it could be really sad. Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY WOW POST

Anonymous said...

In this era when a person can get famous from doing the most ridiculous, often self destructive, kind of stuff, this is so fitting. Thanks for sharing. My WOW...

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

This just sounds horrific... but I can't help but want to read it. Great pick! :)

Unknown said...

It is weird indeed and deeply disturbing. Just reading the synopsis is making me uncomfortable but I feel there's a lesson to be learned somewhere. Good luck!

Talk Supe WoW

Krispy said...

Thanks for stopping by my WoW post!

So cool that you featured this one because I just found out today that I won an ARC of this book. It sounds like it'll be an intense read, but I can't wait to see how this story unfolds!

Carmen B. said...

Thanks for stopping by my post :)
Your pick sounds pretty intense and not like anything I've heard of before!

Kate said...

I have heard a lot about this, great pick.

Love the blog! I followed on GFC.

my WOW

Adriana C said...

Is the first that I heard of ir and it sounds intense.
Thanks for visiting My WOW

Christina said...

Wow, what a creepy book! This definitely is a unique and great pick.

I'm following you! Would love if you took a look at my WoW at Ensconced in YA at
http://cahreviews.blogspot.com