Thursday, June 28, 2012

From the Review Pile



From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.

The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review, but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

This week from my Review Pile:

Love and Other Perishable Items
By: Laura Buzo
Release Date: December 11, 2012

Description:
A wonderful, coming-of-age love story from a fresh new voice in YA fiction.

'Miss Amelia Hayes, welcome to The Land of Dreams. I am the staff trainer. I will call you grasshopper and you will call me sensei and I will give you the good oil. Right? And just so you know, I'm open to all kinds of bribery.'

From the moment 15-year-old Amelia begins work on the checkout at Woolworths she is sunk, gone, lost...head-over-heels in love with Chris. Chris is the funny, charming, man-about-Woolies, but he's 21, and the 6-year difference in their ages may as well be 100. Chris and Amelia talk about everything from Second Wave Feminism to Great Expectations and Alien but will he ever look at her in the way she wants him to? And if he does, will it be everything she hopes?


Velveteen
By: Daniel Marks
Release Date: October 9, 2012
Series: Velveteen #1

Description:
Velveteen Monroe is dead. At 16, she was kidnapped and murdered by a madman named Bonesaw. But that’s not the problem.

The problem is she landed in purgatory. And while it’s not a fiery inferno, it’s certainly no heaven. It’s gray, ashen, and crumbling more and more by the day, and everyone has a job to do. Which doesn’t leave Velveteen much time to do anything about what’s really on her mind.

Bonesaw.

Velveteen aches to deliver the bloody punishment her killer deserves. And she’s figured out just how to do it. She’ll haunt him for the rest of his days.

It’ll be brutal... and awesome.

But crossing the divide between the living and the dead has devastating consequences. Velveteen’s obsessive haunting cracks the foundations of purgatory and jeopardizes her very soul. A risk she’s willing to take—except fate has just given her reason to stick around: an unreasonably hot and completely off-limits coworker.

Velveteen can’t help herself when it comes to breaking rules... or getting revenge. And she just might be angry enough to take everyone down with her.


************

This book doesn't come out for a while but I'm really excited to be reading it early.  Hopefully soon until there buzz on with these new books comeing out soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of these books sound good, I've seen the Velveteen cover around online too. Hope you enjoy them!

Unknown said...

I think I will put this on my TBR List. It sounds good and I always need a little love, hate relationship in a story! Thanks for sharing!

Sherri

starryeyedjen said...

I have Velveteen, too. Need to get on that one, but a friend was reading it and wasn't all that impressed, so I moved it to the bottom of the review pile. :(

Thanks for sharing! Here's my Awhile on the Pile post. Happy Thursday! :D

Melanie said...

Velveteen sounds like my kind of read. Hope you enjoy them! :D

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Haha, I love the cover for Love and other perishable things!
Both of these sound really good- enjoy them when you get around to reading them.
:)

Michelle Chew said...

You have Velveteen? You should totally read it coz I can't wait for it to be released! Hope you'll get to it soon.