Thursday, June 14, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Deja Vu

A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. Hosted at Booking Through Thursday. BTT interviewed their readers for a change, and their final question was, “What question have they NOT asked at BTT that you’d love them to ask?” They got some great responses and will be picking out some of the questions from time to time to ask the rest of you. Like now.
Sally asks:

Have you ever bought a book, started reading it and then realised you have already read it? If so, how far did you get? (Can you tell this happened to me for the first time ever this week!?!)

Ha - that is tooo funny.  I think it actually did happen to me just once though.  I was reading some YA Contemporary I can't remember which book it was but I swear I had read it before.  There are times where I will have to look up a book to make sure I haven't read it.  If I have a rating I know I've read it unless it was before my rating started them I'm just going to have to read through it and be like oh yeah I did read this book lol.  It's a major Homer Simpson D'oh moment lol. 

Ah it happens to the best of us, sometimes we read so much we forget what we read until we are reading it and bam yup I've read this ha.  I'm still laughing over here because I know the feeling and it's just too funny.

7 comments:

aliaa said...

Ah yes, that has definitely happened to me before once or twice actually. The thing is, I'd read the book like 4-5 years before and then in the meantime I'd read 300 hundred other books if not more, most had very similar stories so it's confusing, and the titles were almost the same. Some stories are so unique that they stand out, others are so similar there's one or to details that create the difference

Kristin A. said...

That is so true, sometimes books blend into each other and its hard keeping the read vs want to read apart. ThNks for stopping by my BTT and sharing yours!

Gigi Ann said...

First off, let me thank you for visiting me today. And yes I have started to read a few books over a time or two. Therefore, I started a blog to help me keep track of the books I read.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I like your post and how you added the little cartoons.

Very cute!

Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

Anonymous said...

Not as of yet, I try to keep a list.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_14.html

Unknown said...

It does happen, I usually realize it right off.

http://theplotthickensbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/booking-through-thursday_14.html

beccabooklover said...

It hasn't happened to me yet but I read so many books who knows if it'll happen sooner or later. But then again my blog and goodreads has become a great way of keeping track of all my books :)

http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/booking-through-thursday-2.html