Monday, June 11, 2012

Musing Monday

MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB at Should be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week’s musing asks…
What is the longest book you have ever read? How long did it take you to read it?

I've never personally read the bible, nor do I plan on it any time soon.  So that definitely can't be my answer.  I really don't know what the longest book I've read was.  I'd have to search through all my archives or something.  But I don't make it a habit of reading big books like that.  I thought Stephanie Meyer's book The Host was pretty long (619 pages), did it take me long to read it.  Nope not really.  Once you get into it you just kinda keep going with it.  I tend to steer towards books that I can finish in a day or two.  Fun reads, nothing too heavy.  I saw a lot of Gone with the Wind, but then again that's not really my cup of tea either.  To each their own right :-)

Happy Monday everyone!

This week is also my birthday Yah!!!! I think I might even do a giveaway of a book I got from BEA hmmm....

5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've noticed that I read shorter books these days, but I've read several of the long books mentioned back in the day.

Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

I still need to read the Host. I didn't know it was that long. I wonder how they'll fit it into the movie. I agree with Laurel-Rain Snow. Books seem to be shorter these days. My Musing Monday

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! :-)

caite said...

I really am not too fond on the giant books

Kwizgiver said...

First let me wish you a very happy birthday! :-)

I really liked your answer, I kind of blanked on some of the long books I've read.