Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: •Grab your current read •Open to a random page •Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page •BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) •Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser for the week:
I stared at the pile of boxes in my new bedroom, wishing the Internet had been hooked up. Not being able to do anything with my review blog since moving here was like missing an arm or a leg. According to my mom, “Katy’s Krazy Obsession” was my whole life. Not entirely, but it was important to me. She didn’t get books the way I did.

Obsidian
By Jennifer L. Armentrout, Jennifer L.
(Kindle Locations 46-49). Kindle Edition.


This is the first paragraph in the first chapter and I thought it was perfect today as I will be attending BEA!!! My blog is my passion! It's what gives me joy, and I'm so very excited to be going to BEA today and will promise to post as many pictures as things are happening.  Since this is my first year I'm not 100% sure what to expect but I do know that I am excited, nervous, anxious and everything else all at once.  Yah Books!!

Remember - Reading is Fundamental and I plan on being fundamentalized lol

13 comments:

Paulita said...

What did we do before blogs? Enjoy BEA. Here's Mine

Kathy Martin said...

I loved that the main character in this one was a reader and blogger. Have fun at BEA!

My teasers this week are from Big Sky Mountain by Linda Lael Miller and Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne. Happy reading!

Claire said...

I've heard awesome things about this one, and I can definitely identify with that teaser lol!

My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

The Book Rogue said...

I love it and I totally agree! I probably would've picked the same teaser.
Have frun at BEA! =)
My TT this week

Nash Nordin said...

This book is in my list. But I still haven't find time to read them.

Here's my Teaser

Unknown said...

I just finished reading that book recently. I enjoyed it! There is a lot more blogging references in the book which are funny. Happy Reading!
--Jenese

http://readersconfession.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

IT sounds good. I want to read this. :)

Here;s mine:
http://twitter.com/harlequinteen

Natasha said...

** http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-june-5th-2012.html

Unknown said...

An intriguing teaser.

http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday.html

Book Loving Mommy said...

Great teaser! I love that she's a blogger too! My TT is here: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-hidden-by-sophie-jordan.html

Sandra Nachlinger said...

It's amazing how attached we are to our computers and our books, isn't it? This is a great teaser that I can definitely relate to.
My Teaser is from Toxic Torte.

Neyra said...

Lol I hope you have fun at BEA! :) And, great teaser, I've heard good things about this book and I'm looking forward to reading it as well! Have a nice day!

My Teaser

yarereviews said...

have fun at BEA! nice teaser!
my teaser tuesday ; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-delirium-by-lauren.html