Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Review: Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits
By: Katie McGarry
Release Date: July 31, 2012

Description:

So wrong for each other...and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
"I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.
Review:
This book was captivating, intriguing and an all out emotional roller coaster that I didn't want to get off of.  The amount of love and caring in this book is just beautiful.  I loved every minute of it and can't wait to see what happens in the next book which focuses on one of the secondary characters.  But you will have to read the book to see who it's going to be about.

We meet Echo (which let me just start off by saying the characters in this book have really great names and this one is by far my favorite), who's body is scared and she cannot remember what happened to her.  On the other hand there is Noah who lost both his parents in a fire and is now in the foster care system trying to get his brothers back with him.  The two of them are broken, but together they can put the pieces back together and form a strong bond.  This is what they do, their relationship takes them to places they didn't think they could go or even deserved.  Everyone deserves a little bit of happiness, including these two.

Echo struggles to remember what her mother did to her.  her mother is bipolar and because of this Echo believes one day she too will crack and that puts a dent in her new found relationship with Noah.  But he's very determined in life.  He is determined to do whatever he can to get his brothers back, this includes plotting with Echo to retrieve their files from the psychologist at school (who seems to know everything I swear she's always right there I love it).  He does get the information he was looking for but now he doesn't seem to be ale to move forward with his initial intentions. 

There are some eye opening experiences in this book for the two of them and glad that they could go through it together.  No one should be alone.  Overall this book was just flat out amazing.  I really liked it a lot.  There are some parts I wish would push the envelope further but that's just because that's the way I like it, but it was good.  There were sweet moments, mouth gaping moments (believe me there were), sad teary moments and of course the swoon worthy melt your heart moments.  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.

I love this cover too, digging the red hair.  Seems to be a popular theme lately but I like it (even if I'm not a red head).

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Harlequin, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I almost requested for this but "jock" and "teen" turned me off. Yes the cover is pretty and though the setting is HS, the story sounds heavy.

Talk Supe WoW