Thursday, June 14, 2012

From the Review PIle



From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday.

The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review, but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

This week from my Review Pile:

When the Sea is Rising Red
By:
Release Date: February 28, 2012

Description:
After seventeen-year-old Felicita’s dearest friend, Ilven, kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous, wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with it.

The Boy on Cinnamon Street
By: Phoebe Stone Release Date: February 1, 2012



Description:
A story about a wounded girl and the boy who won't give up on her.


7th grader Louise should be the captain of her school's gymnastics team - but she isn't. She's fun and cute and should have lots of friends - but she doesn't. And there's a dreamy boy who has a crush on her - but somehow they never connect. Louise has everything going for her - so what is it that's holding her back?

Phoebe Stone tells the winning story of the spring when 7th grader Louise Terrace wakes up, finds the courage to confront the painful family secret she's hiding from - and finally get the boy

7 comments:

aliaa said...

Wow, the first sounds like an eery but interesting read, let me know how it works out, I would definitely like to read it too!

Melanie said...

The first one sounds like my kind of read. Hope you enjoy both books. :)

starryeyedjen said...

You have When the Sea is Rising Red and you haven't read it yet?!? :P I plan to get to that one eventually...heard a lot of good things.

Here's my Awhile on the Pile post. Happy Thursday! :D

Anonymous said...

I have when the sea is rising on my TBR list, but I don't have a copy yet. I hope you enjoy both those books when you get around to reading them!

gautami tripathy said...

I like the premise of When the Sea is Rising!! Thanks for showcasing this.

Here is my post!

roxanne s. sukhan said...

The first one sounds pretty good. Here's My FRTP [POST].

Unknown said...

When the Sea is Rising Red sounds awesome! I'm adding that to my list.. :)