Saturday, June 9, 2012

Review: Obsidian

Obsidian
By
Release Date: November 29, 2011
Series: Lux

Description:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy Internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

Review:
I knew I had to see what all the hype was about this book. I would see all kinds odd posts and toys about Daemon.  I have to say that this book was amazing and it did not disappoint at all.  I haven't read any books about aliens before, not that I can recall. But this book was definitely with the read. I wish I had read it sooner Burr then again now I'm dying to know what is going to happen next.

The characters were great and the story line was good too. The banner between Daemon and Kat was memorable, funny, exciting and full of passion. All that tension between them, its so obvious how much they want each other but neither one of them wants to admit it. Its the best form of foreplay. The love hate relationship they have is addicting. I didn't want their banner to end.

The scenery in the betook was beautiful. There is one part where they ate in this private lake in the woods, it sounded very magical. The scene of the Seneca rocks and all the history behind the location was great. I even went ahead and wikipedia'd some locations and history. That's not something I usually do when reading books but this one gaff me do intrigued.  I even wanted to know more about the Norman they mentioned in the story.

The story - without giving too much away. Kat and her mother move from Florida to west Virginia to start new. Katy was never one to make to many friends but there are two kids around her she who live next door. She tries to go befriend them and that's when she meets Daemon. He was a jerk from the get go but he was a hot jerk. The kind you want to hate but your just too attracted to. The bad boy every girl wants at least once in their life.

She later meets Dee who is his sister and instantly they become friends. But Daemon is against it as she would only bring trouble into their lives. But he obviously likes her as he just can't seen to stay away from her. Even if he says stuck with he knows he wants her too.

There are more like them but we only meet a few of them and of course there are some bad guys  there's some great action sequences involving them.  There are some steamy moments, laugh out loud moments, and even an no he didn't moment lol, it was fabulous.

I love the cover because it depicts the characters do well most covers aren't convincing enough for me but these two are perfect and I can are then throughout the while book. I loved it can't wait to read the next book in the series and I now have to go get .5 to read about the third sibling.

Must read!

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Great review! The wait for book two is difficult. I can't wait until it's out! :D