Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. This feature is great because everyone loves lists, including me.

This week's Top Ten is:

Top Ten Childhood Faves

1.  The Cat in the Hat - This is going very far back of course in my Childhood.  I still love this book, I read it to my five year old all the time.  I think I just really love the whole rhyming of the entire book.  Dr. Seuss what a genius. 

2.  Sweet Dreams Series - My friend got me addicted to this series.  She had me literally roaming every single Library in our surrounding area for these books.  We would literally read them in a day and then return them to get more books.  It was fun to share something with a friend.

3.  Christopher Pike - I used to read anything by Christopher Pike I was obsessed with those scary stories.  The who did it kind of things.  Now that I think about it almost reminds me of Scream or movies like that.  Because they were all about teens.  Oh to go back to those days, sigh.

4.  R.L. Stine - This was pre-Goosebumps when his books were much like Christopher Pike's books think the Fear Street Series.  I don't know how Goosebumps is because I've never really read them but I heard they were good too.

5.  Flowers in the Attic - V.C. Andrews was really big when I was younger - seeing Flowers in the Attic on TV was a crazy movie.  It's like did they really just do that.  My girlfriends used to get me into these series and it's just like soap opera drama.  I never got to read all of them and probably wouldn't have time to now but I have fond memories.

That's all for my list now because really I focused on these books a lot and they were all mainly series so I was addicted.  Sure sometimes I'd pick up a Babysitters Club book or something along those lines but nothing could beat these authors or books when I was younger.  Memories!
Post a Comment