Monday, December 12, 2011

Musing Monday

MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB at Should be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week’s musing asks…

What kind of books do you like to read?

Why? Provide specific examples.

I love to read young adult, yes I realize that I am no longer a young adult but there is something about that age range that will always get to me.  It's not quite an adult but still on the way to adulthood that you learn everything.  You think you know everything there is to know but you don't.  People rarely remember how hard high school is for some people and how hard life is at that age when you're old enough for some things but not old enough for other things.  I love reading about it and author's different takes on it.  Plus you have so many great books about future societies and paranormal worlds that seem like fun to explore.

Anna and the French Kiss - great book about a girl who thinks she knows what she wants and goes off to Paris thinking one thing and comes home with a whole new prospective and a new hottie in tow.  This book just made me all happy and giddy inside.

Twilight - it bought me back into reading.  So many people were talking about it that I just had to read it and I couldn't put it down I think I read each book in the series about five times at the very least.  I couldn't get enough of it.  This is where the paranormal came into view and it introduced me into a world that I never experienced before. 

Those are just a few examples.  But there are just way too many to mention.


No comments: