Friday, January 25, 2013

Fumbling Friday

So I'm here, just fumbling throughout my day with obstacle after obstacle.

First and foremost let me just say TGIF, seriously it's been one of those weeks full of temper tantrums (think door slamming), headaches, annoyances (and that's just from work), too many sleepless nights, hours of homework, food tantrums (and that's just from the kids), then there have been cough coughing all over the place (their daddy).  I Lysol my place a lot because I refuse to get sick this year and knock on wood, so far so good.

So I got word today that my application for BEA 2013 has been declined with no option to contest it.  So that's freaking fabulous right?  It's all good I still have netgalley and whatever :-( It still would have been fun to go, but it's okay I will keep doing my own thing.  I think I get enough books and I have more than enough to read, so I will just save money by not having to go into the city.  Bummer though.

I woke up, no lie with the worst migraine I've had in a while - was even nauseous because of it.  It's slightly better now a couple hours later.

Oh there is no water at work, literally the water is turned off because of a water break in the pipes or something.  Mind you it's 12 degrees outside so I can only imagine all the water main breaks that are starting to happen but really, no water!!! I don't even live close to work so it's not like I can go home and use the bathroom.  Ugh we all have to go through things sometimes right?  Oh well gross but yeah.

There is one good thing though - yes it's Friday.  And even though I have no clue what I'm doing this weekend I'm hoping to have a really good time doing whatever it is.  Maybe I'll finally take the girls bowling.

Also hey can you believe next week is February!  Where did the month go?  I'm even behind on my Goodreads Challenge reading goal lol that's so unlike me. 

How about you - how has your week gone?  Anything interesting happen?

No comments: