Monday, August 26, 2013

Amazing! - The Mortal Instruments - City of Bones - movie!


Ok this movie did the book some justice and then some.  I would definitely watch it over and over again.  if only to see the moment that Jace and Clary finally kiss after all those almost moments.  It was epic to say the least, and you definitely felt a major connection between the two characters.  I went with a close friend and my boyfriend who was a little hesitant as he thought it may be a girly movie, but he was so excited by the end of the movie that he loved it so much.  See it appealed to the masses, not just the female population (as in other movies that will not be mentioned) and it had excitement, action and just greatness.  He loved it, I loved it, she loved it, we all loved it lol.

So I purposefully did not look at any reviews, any characters, actors, or anything about this movie before I went to go see it.  So the only thing I was going by was of course the books, and the movie trailer that I saw, that's it.  So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Jonathan Rhys Myers as Valentine, because I absolutely adore him.  I think whoever cast this movie did a really amazing job and got a very diversified group of people together.  I love who they picked for everyone, too good. 

Here are some movie stills from my favorite parts, especially that epic kiss. So good!

this stole my breath away!

I love who they chose for her bff.  He's dorky but not but is, I like it.

yum. even though he's bad, still yum!

There's so much more I can say about this movie but it is just too good that you have to see it for yourself.  Even if you haven't read the books, although it's good to know what's going to happen next because that anticipation is the best part.  I can't wait to see how they portray the next books.  Ahhh

No comments: