Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: Onyx

Onyx
By:
Release Date: August 14, 2012
Series: Lux #2

Description:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…


Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

Review:
We are back in the mountains with Kat and Daemon and even though it’s snowing outside it’s scorching hot inside! These two are some of the best characters I’ve read in a very long time. Daemon is seriously cocky but so sweet he just tries to hide it while Kat is a strong female who knows how to dish it as much as take it. They have the strongest connection between each other and I don’t believe it’s because he healed her. They just literally belong together.


In the next chapter of this amazing series, Katy is now experiencing a much stronger connection to Daemon, and even showing signs of having powers just like him. That’s when this new boy comes to town. Let me just say I didn’t trust him from the get go and neither did Daemon. But of course Kat trying to make Daemon jealous trusts this new guy – Blake, but maybe she should have listened to Daemon in the first place. (How cute is Daemon saying a million different names except Blake when talking about him to Kat, I always looked forward to seeing what name he would come up with next)

Turns out the DOD is worse than the Arum, even to the point that they are working together, and there are even people outside of the whole Alien/DOD network that just want something out of this whole thing. Somehow it always comes down to money, people and aliens alike are just all very greedy and hungry for power and money. It’s so ridiculous that this theme will never die down. But that’s besides the point, back to the book because I just really hate talking about money.

There is so much that happens in this book that I don’t want to spoil anything if you are going to be reading it soon. And for those of you who haven’t read this series yet, what are you waiting for? It’s worth it, I promise. I will say this though there is a lot of emotions thrown around in this book, definitely new characters and old ones being bought back. You should really read Shadows before reading this book as it will give you more insight into what is happening and the endless possibilities of what could be happening.

Overall this is turning out to be a very, very addicting series, so much so that I’m hoping they will make it into a TV series or something. Cross fingers. The cover as always is amazing! The characters are amazing! The author is amazing! I know, I know total gush fest over here but really it was that good. I can’t wait for the next one to come out. And can I just give Jennifer mad props for shouting out the blogger world with mentions of Teaser Tuesday and what not. Who doesn’t love meme’s right? Anyway so yes it was a great book and you should read it because so much is happening right now that it’s going to be hard to keep up.

Another note – last one for real this time – the tender moments between Kat and Daemon were absolutely sweet and there was even one point that tears came to my eyes. They completely belong together and I’m glad that eventually they figure that out. Even though the arguing back and forth is the best form of …! Go read this, like yesterday! You will have love, tension, sadness, heartbreak, happiness and so many feelings throughout this whole book. It’s like a roller coaster I never want to get off!

No comments: