Thursday, July 19, 2012

Booking Throuh Thursday

Booking through Thursday:
A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. Hosted at Booking Through Thursday.

This weeks question is:
Series or Stand-alone?


This is a toughie because sometimes I just want to keep reading to see what happens next and a stand alone can't offer that, but then there are some series that really they just need to end already, but then again I can't stop reading those either ha.  No matter how bad I just have to know what happens next.  But then again I love my stand alone contemporaries.  Such a hard question that I just cannot choose only one so I will say I'm 50/50 on this because honestly I love them both!!!




9 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

I think I am 50/50 as well, even though series usually start to annoy me unless the plot continues to be well developed! Thnks for sharing! :)
My BTT
Juli @ Universe in Words

Unknown said...

haha that is the thing about series.. somehow they always get us reading until the end!
thanks for stopping by! have a great week :)

Anonymous said...

The series has to be great, I prefer stand alone.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/booking-through-thursday_19.html

City Girl Who Loves to Read said...

A good story means a lot for me in reading a series.

http://citygirlwholovestoread.blogspot.com/2012/07/booking-through-thursday_19.html

Moniquereads said...

When I start a series I find it hard to stop. Even when it is bad, because I feel like I have invested time into the characters and I should at least see where they end up.

Thanks for stopping by.

Reading Kelly said...

I like both too. With series I almost prefer to read it when all the books are out so I can go from one to the next right away. Waiting is no fun! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thursday :)

Yvonne said...

I love both too. As long as the storyline is good, I'm happy :)

The Book Rogue said...

I don't think any of us can with only one of the two, can we? ;)
My BTT

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog!

I personally prefer stand-alones.Most series fail to hold my attention. I just want them to be done already!
;-)