Thursday, January 12, 2012
Booking Through Thursday: About ME
A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. Hosted at Booking Through Thursday.
Today's question is:
But enough about interviewing other people. It’s time I interviewed YOU.
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
At night when the kids are asleep and all is quiet. That and during lunch so I can escape the work craziness that has been going on lately.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
I don't have time in the morning I'm up at 5ish and out the door by 6am.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
I love some good old pancakes with eggs and bacon. We usually do big Sunday breakfasts at my house. I love Sunday mornings.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
Not enough lately - depends on the book I'm reading and how into it I am, sometimes I can finish a book in a day sometimes it will take me two weeks.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
Much much more than I did 10 years ago that's for sure. Now I read for the pleasure of it. Previously it was just for school.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
Not at all - I wish. I see how people read books in less than a day and I'm just like did you even enjoy it?
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
To snap my fingers and be wherever my heart desired. Could you imagine just a snap away and during lunch you could be lounging at the beach in the sun, or in China walking the Great Wall. That would be awesome!
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Yes I have a Kindle so all my books go wherever I go, can't trust to leave it at home someone might break it lol.
9. What KIND of book?
Kindle! Any book and every book my heart desires. Sometimes I'll carry an actual book if I have it and have to read it.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
Ha - I think 17 maybe. I don't remember but either way at that time I wasn't old enough so I had to use my mother's card. But I finally got one not too long ago actually maybe three or four years back that is my very own.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
That's hard I don't even know.
12. Do you read in bed?
Yes all the time.
13. Do you write in your books?
No - I don't like damaging them. All though I like getting books with notes in the margin just so I could read other people's thoughts lol. I just won't let them read mine.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Escape into books - there is no better feeling than the wheels of your imagination turning inside a really good book. And the books is always better than the movie.
15. What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask? (Actually, leave the answer to this one in the comments on this post, huh? So I can find them when I need inspiration!)
I don't know all the questions you have asked. But what about ... If you could write a book what would it be about and why?
Posted by Cathy De Los Santos at 8:06 AM
Labels: Booking through Thursday
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE your advice for Q # 14. It's so true!
Trish - MY BTT
I agree with your advice to readers...and I'd love that superpower, too!
Here's MY BTT POST and
A great superpower, enjoyed reading your answers.
Interesting answers! I'd like that kind of superpower, too. Here is my BTT.
Post a Comment