Monday, January 23, 2012

Musing Monday: YA Books

MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB at Should be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week’s musing asks…

Why do you think that the Young Adult genre is so popular with even the adult readers? Do you read YA books, yourself?

I'm an adult and I'm an avid young adult genre reader.  I know for me personally I love the innocence of it all, the first time for a kiss, the first time for a date, a dance, anything really.  It's just that innocence that I love.  Plus they keep it real sort of it's not all manipulated and just bogged down by drama of adulthood.  they haven't reached that point yet and I love it.  Partially because sure I wouldn't mind going back to the beginning but then again i wouldn't.  So I live vicariously through Young Adults in books hehe.  Although the dysatopian books, really that could be any age and it still be difficult, but the fact that the characters are so young and they have so much ahead of them it makes it more exciting.

How about you?

1 comment:

Gigi Ann said...

As you already know, I have never read a YA book. Maybe because I'm a great-gramma, so those years are far behind me.

Thanks for your visit today.