Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Such a Rush

Such a Rush
By Jennifer Echols
Release Date: July 10, 2012

Description:
A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers.

High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying. While she’s in the air, it’s easy to forget life with her absentee mother at the low-rent end of a South Carolina beach town. When her flight instructor, Mr. Hall, hires her to fly for his banner advertising business, she sees it as her ticket out of the trailer park. And when he dies suddenly, she’s afraid her flying career is gone forever.

But Mr. Hall’s teenage sons, golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson, are determined to keep the banner planes flying. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business — until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers — and the consequences could be deadly.


Review:
I was enthralled from the second I started reading this book in the lives of these characters.  My heart would race when theirs raced, it would hurt when they hurt.  This book was simply perfect.  It had so many different elements to it that I literally stayed up until three in the morning wanting to finish this book as soon as possible so that I could read it again more leisurely. 

We start out when Leah was fourteen just moved to yet another trailer park with her mother by yet another airport, but this time she lucked out because she was able to get a job at this small airport.  There she met Mr. Hall and a deep friendship grew.  He was like the father she never had and their friendship and relationship was just something relate able and beautiful to see the rawness and realness of how much they really needed each other.  Then enter his three sons who would only come during school breaks or summers.  She was automatically drawn to the more daredevil son Grayson, but throughout Mr Halls life they never really spoke and she just dreamed from afar.

After Mr. Halls death though the boys came back, minus one as he died in the military.  So there were just two broken brothers but she just didn't know how broken they really were about losing both their brother and father so close together.  She was heart broken as well and there are points where even I cried with them because it was all so much.  Echol's really makes you feel for her characters and I love that about her books. 

After the three of them are together (at the age of eighteen now) and throw in Molly, Leah's best friend there are lies and secrets between all of them that eventually all come out and it's all really such a rush.  You feel like your flying one of those ancient planes carrying the banners around with all the highs and lows and all those special moments shared between the characters.  I was in love with Leah and Grayson from the very beginning of the book and it was beautiful to see their relationship and hardships fall into place.

I can't really say enough good things about this book.  The setting was great because I could totally picture it in my mind, the characters were all relatable and real which is always a plus in my mind.  The story and plot was just amazing as always reminded me of the perfect combination of Echol's earlier books Going too Far and The Boys Next Door combined together like a perfect concert.  The daredevil and excitability of The Boys Next Door and the perfect story between the two main characters like in Going too Far.  I'm in love with this book and I hope you all give it a try.

I think I would probably read anything Jennifer Echols writes there is something about her style that just always gets to me right in the gut where it matters most.  I get butterflies, I gasp, I laugh, I cry and just every emotion possible she makes me feel it through her writing and I already cannot wait for her next book.  But alas I will have to wait until 2013 to read Star Crossed!

No comments: