Sunday, July 29, 2012

Review: The Goddess Legacy

The Goddess Legacy
By Aimee Carter
Release Date: July 31, 2012
Series: Goddess Test

Description:
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aime e Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.

Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness....

Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal....

Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another....

James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before....

Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope....

Five original novellas of love, loss and longing and the will to survive throughout the ages.


Review:
Aimee Carter took us on a journey throughout the lives of all the characters in the first book.  We were able to see their history and why they are the way they are now.  It was fun and exciting and sad all at the same time.  As you started to learn more in depth about each character you grow to respect the characters in a different way.  You begin to feel for each of them.

The first story explores the relationship between Hera and Zeus, her being the goddess of marriage it hurts when all Zeus does is cheat on her.  You really begin to feel bad for her, but she made her choice.  Every woman knows deep down that a man will never change, but she thought he could.  I feel bad for her but at the same time I don't. 

Then we move on to Aphrodite, which I like her as a character but she is the goddess of love and sometimes doesn't care who she hurts as long as she's spreading love.  I actually liked her story because ti bought in the relationship of two brothers who are in love with her and would do anything to be with her.  The lengths they go to are rally great to explore.

Persephone, I don't know about her, I know she wants to be happy but sometimes I think she is just the tiniest bit selfish but that is who she is.  Not my favorite character but that might be because I'm quite partial to Hades.  It was good to see what their relationship was like and why Hades is that way about her. 

Hermes was a great story too, I really felt for him, I definitely teared up in this section of the book.  But you know that saying what goes around comes around, that's definitely part of his story and never fun for the person but it was a great story to experience.

Last but not least of course there was Hades, where he first meets Kate it's perfect.  I love them together so I really can't wait to see what happens in the next book in this series.

If you like to read more about the characters and their past then this is definitely the book for you to read.  It's worth it to find out more about them. 

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Harlequin, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: