Friday, July 24, 2015

Review: Team Tomas by Ally Adams

Team Tomas
By Ally Adams
Release Date: July 1, 2015
Series: The Saints Team #2

Description:
“I’ll remember, until my dying breath.”

Tomás Carrera didn’t expect Alice Peterson to rock his world.

Growing up with a single mom and as the eldest of five siblings, Tomás has had to be responsible all his life. Now his super star soccer status has provided for his family and allowed him to let his hair down… and that’s just what he’s doing.

Signed to the Santa Ana Saints, Tomás is catching up for lost time with fast women, a fast Ducati motorcycle and a bevy of adoring fans. That is, until he loses his heart to Alice and is torn with wanting her and his independence.

Next in the series: Team Niklas
 

Review:
Ah the Saints, soccer players, hot men, and lots of deliciousness in this book that’s for sure.  It’s not like the first book in this series it’s on its own playing field but still just as good.  This was the steamy Saints, I mean what else you would expect from a Latin Lover!  It’s as if Team Lucas was just a warmup for this steaminess that is Team Tomas, well done!

We know from the first book that Alice definitely had a thing for Tomas, who knew it would be reciprocated so much, she definitely tamed the wild latin lover from his ways and it was entertaining to read.  The two of them definitely have some very steamy scenes together, and some really great moments but I wouldn’t have minded learning more about the two of them, it seemed like their relationship was revolved around Alice losing her virginity.  I mean I can completely understand because she just wanted to do it already and not have that hanging over her head, but it seemed like they just jumped into things a bit.  But I still loved it.

It was really great seeing Mia and Lucas from the first book, but I really enjoyed learning more about the other players and being introduced to new characters especially Sasha, love that name.  Looks like there might be something there, hopefully we’ll find out soon enough.  But there was also a focus more on the Russian, Ed and Nik at the end of the book.  Love all the characters and I can only imagine walking into the saint’s place with all the super-hot guys roaming around.  Girls dream come true that’s for sure!

Overall I liked the book, not as much as the first one but still enjoyed it from beginning to end and I couldn’t put it down because I had to see what would happen next between the two of them.  But really wanted more story then just pure pleasure.  Love the cover though, very appropriate and sexy.

Can’t wait to read the next book about Niklas because he seems like this will be a good story.  Especially since his love interest will be Sasha … watch out now!


Disclaimer:

I received this book from NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing), so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: