Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Review: Remember When By T. Torrest





Remember When
By: T. Torrest
Release Date: January 1, 2013
Series: The Remember When Trilogy #1
Description
Years before Trip Wiley could be seen on movie screens all over the world, he could be seen sitting in the desk behind me in my high school English class.
This was back in 1990, and I cite the year only to avoid dumbfounding you when references to big hair or stretch pants are mentioned. Although, come to think of it, I am from Northern New Jersey, which may serve as explanation enough. We were teenagers then, way back in a time before anyone, himself included, could even dream he’d turn into the Hollywood commodity that he is today. 

I’m sure I don’t need to tell you who Trip Wiley is. But on the off chance you’ve been living under a rock for the past decade, just know that these days, he’s the actor found at the top of every casting director’s wish list. He’s incredibly talented and insanely gorgeous, the combination of which has made him very rich, very famous and very desirable.

And not just to casting directors, either.

I can’t confirm any of the gossip from his early years out in Tinseltown, but based on what I knew of his life before he was famous, I can tell you that the idea of Girls-Throwing-Themselves-At-Trip is not a new concept.

I should know. I was one of them.

And my life hasn’t been the same since.

Review:
Gasp! I think my heart just broke a little bit, I can feel my heart in my throat because this book was amazing beyond words, and there is strictly a strong feeling from deep within.  I haven’t felt this deeply about a book in a long time and I’m so happy I was granted access to this book on net gally.  T. Torrest is an amazing writer who captured my heart and my memories in so many different ways. Major plus for being from Jersey, brings the realness of this book straight to my home and my heart.

We meet Layla who is starting her senior year and is part of the popular crowd although you wouldn’t think it really mattered what crowd she was in because really this book is not about that at all.  This book is about meeting your first love and spending the most amount of time with your best friends before you’re off into the real world, going your separate ways.  Before all these changes can happen in walks in Trip, a new kid and one who is super attractive in everyone’s eyes and Layla is immediately drawn to him as well.  The way their relationship grows from real friendship was a great thing.  There was no insta love, no insta lust, none of that, well at least not on the outside because through and through they became friends first before anything happened between the two of them.

These groups of friends were pretty tight knit and enjoyable to read about, each one bought a different aspect to the group that you couldn’t help but relate to a friend in your own life, and that’s what made this book more real.  There are a lot of explicit scenes but I think they were necessary because this is what teens go through now and the innocence in this book was refreshing and entertaining. There were so many moments where I found myself smiling and completely relating to all the characters, it definitely made me laugh and smile and feel for all of them in one way or another, there was 100% connection with this book.

I can’t gush enough about this book and can’t wait to read the continuation of this story because really my heart dropped at the end and it left me wanting more, so much more because I know there is a great story here and T. Torrest did an amazing job inviting me into her world of characters.  It’s been a really long time since I’ve read a book that made me not want to put it down, I wanted to stay up late reading it because of this, and that’s a hard thing because I wake up early in the morning so I have to get some kind of sleep but I just couldn’t help reading this book as much as I could before I knocked out. 

I love the cover; it reminded me of one of the best parts in this book.  It reminded me of the jersey shore and no not the television, the real thing, what it’s really like.  This book was amazing and I loved every second of it. 

Author Links:

Advance Praise
There are so many things I loved about this sweet and funny book. The writing was flawless, the story was addictive; I cried, I laughed out loud and I swooned... I devoured every single minute... all the way through it was handled with so much love and a huge dash of humor... You felt it all and it was such a wonderful experience... Remember When was fun, it was sexy, it was a giggle a minute, it was beautiful....yep, it was perfect. ~Jenny and Gitte, Totally Booked Blog

If you think you know what this book is about based solely on the synopsis, you would be wrong. Remember When is so much more... I laughed out loud, I cried, I swooned, I squeed... I angered, I hurt, and I was in total angst a couple of times... [and] I am SO utterly, undeniably, completely, and overwhelmingly in love with Trip.~Kathy, Romantic Reading Escapes

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Smith Publicity, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: