Monday, September 10, 2012

Musing Monday

MUSING MONDAYS… is a weekly event where MizB at Should be Reading will ask a book/reading-related question, and you answer with your own thoughts on the topic.

This week’s musing asks…

Do you take notes while you read?


Now the first thing I thought when I read this is that's just crazy why would you take notes.  I don't have the time or patience or discipline to take notes.  For example if I were to try and take notes while I'm reading it would last maybe a week and that's all.  The only things I keep are my reviews and I just started that recently on a file on a flash drive.  Otherwise I do not take notes.  I can just imagine my notebook lying around someone and one of my girls taking it to play with because they love to color and waste paper.  So nope, no notes for me.  I didn't even do that when I was in school.  I hated taking notes, I always preferred doodling lol. 

8 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

My note taking days are few and far between... although I do jot down quotes I rather enjoy and want to remember.

gautami tripathy said...

Note-Taking is NOT for the likes of me!

Here is my Monday post!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I tend not to write notes either.

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/09/musing-mondays_10.html

caite said...

My handwriting is too bad for notes.

Unknown said...

LOL I am an obsessive note taker. Because of the fact I have am MFA with medieval literature, I spent years taking notes on nuances in writing so it is a habit, plus .. I have a Moleskine habit and in order to be allowed to keep getting Moleskine journals I have to write in them, my partner said use them or he will cut me off! LOL

ANYWAY Here is my Musing Monday GREAT question this week

Ace5123 said...

I don't take notes either. I sometimes wish I had written down certain lines. Maybe someday I will learn how to use my kindles features better and be able to highlight things I would like to go back to quickly sometime.

Anonymous said...

I am an avid notetaker only when it comes to class, for my books I only do keyword kind of stuff as reminders. Here's my MM!

Kwizgiver said...

I think if I wrote a lot of reviews I might take notes, but I read for pleasure--so no notes!