Thursday, June 9, 2016

Review: Claire By Abigail Strom

Claire
By: Abigail Strom
Release Date: April 26, 2016
Series: Hart University #2

Description:
It’s sophomore year, and Claire Stone has sworn off romance. She’s just gone through a breakup and she wants some time to find out who she is on her own. The only flaw in her plan is her friend (and hot quarterback) Will McKenna, who’s a walking temptation to forget all about her singlehood pledge.

Will has had a thing for Claire since freshman year. Now that they’re both single, he wants more from her than friendship. But Claire doesn’t want to be anyone’s girlfriend right now, and with football season underway, Will’s got issues of his own to deal with.

When an injury on the field changes everything, Will and Claire are driven apart. But when the two of them end up trapped together in a snowstorm, they’re forced to deal with each other again. Can they confront their feelings without ruining their friendship? Or will their friendship turn into something more?

Review:
I was fortunate enough to have Abigail Strom reach out to me and offer me the opportunity to review her second book in the Hart University Series and I jumped at that chance.  Not only do I love book that have anything to do with college but I remembered how much I enjoyed her writing and story and Ms. Strom did not disappoint in the least.  This was another great addition to the series.

We are focused here on Claire and Will, who are both too cute in their own right.  I love that Claire is shown as such a strong but scared to be alone type of girl.  There are a lot of girl power type of moments here with the whole trying to find yourself while being by yourself pack she has going on.  But then there’s Will, there has obviously been an attraction for quite some time with these two and watching those sparks fly is so much fun.

Will on the other hand is already a strong guy, just imagine that fit football physique.  But things happen and now he has to deal with the reality that he may not have a life with football and without that he may never get everything he wants.  This was a great story about him finding out who he is what he wants to do with the rest of his life and how can handle life without something he’s loved for so long.  Sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to for a reason.  I totally believe in fate, and because of some snow I think these two found out just how much they belong together.

Overall this was a really great quick read, and perfect for the summer especially if you love the contemporary and new adult genre.  Again I adore college books and there were times when I forgot how young they were because they seemed so more mature but I enjoyed it regardless of how old they were because they had a real story to tell and real struggles to deal with.  These two main characters have more in common with each other than they were even aware of.

I love the cover, I don’t know if that’s how I pictured them but I love it regardless.  Great series and I can’t wait to read about Tamsin, who is next.  I also just realized that Abigail Strom has a connection throughout her books.  I'm going to have to check out the other ones because i know i enjoyed it when Holly was mentioned in this book and her story definitely sounded really interesting so i'll have to go check out that one too, WINNING THE RIGHT BROTHER. I've always loved Silhouette series so this is just an extra bonus.  Make sure you check out more about Abigail Strom here.

Last but not least, again this series is great, perfect summer read, really fantastic addition to new adult genre and fabulous writing.  I'm addicted, thanks!

Disclaimer:
I received this book from Abigail Strom, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: