Thursday, June 23, 2016

Review: Beaver Tales: Stories from Below the Belt by C C Castoro

Beaver Tales: Stories from Below the Belt
By C C Castoro
Release Date: May 10, 2016
Genre: Humor, Nonfiction (Adult)

Description:
This tell-all book by a spa esthetician reveals all the dirty details you've always wondered about personal waxing. You'll meet the cougar on the prowl, the sexy mystery collegiate and the guy with the perma-sweater; you'll encounter the bare beaver, the winking starfish, and various other bodily quirks and oddities.

Beaver Tales: Stories from Below the Belt started as the personal journal where encounters behind closed doors were just begging to be discussed. Some readers will relate to this book from experience, others will swear off waxing forever, and yet others will be inspired to seek their very own Brazilian.

Always funny, sometimes erotic, and often wrong on so many levels, this daring collection of short stories leaves no stone unturned, no fold unwaxed, and no pesky stragglers behind.

There will be no mystery of what lies below after reading Beaver Tales!

Review:
I haven’t read a nonfiction book in quite some time but I am not a stranger to reality tv and finding out what happens behind closed doors, or really any gossip of any kind and that’s what this book gave me.

We meet a couple clients, and even get to experience what the authors experience was like when receiving a Brazilian.  It was interesting and I definitely wanted to read through the book quickly because it was both intriguing, disturbing and just flat out crazy.  It’s like picturing an esthetician’s reality show with all the blurry images and everything.  Goes to show you how some people are just really out there and others are just plain predictable.

It was definitely a very quick read as it’s rather short and I will say I did expect juicier stories, but still some people only give you tidbits and the rest is left to your own imagination.  Very different read for me but still entertaining.

I definitely picked this book up because the cover looked interested so I had to know what it was about and then I read the blurb and new I had to get behind those closed doors.  So if you want a quick insight into random people's lives, then definitely pick this up.  


Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Mill City Press, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: