Thursday, May 2, 2013

Random Thoughts and Meme's


I can’t believe it’s already May.  I feel like I was just in Florida on Christmas vacation!  Craziness, anyway there are a lot of things being celebrated this month.  Such as:

Mother’s Day

Memorial Day

Cynthia’s Birthday (My baby will be turning 3!)

Cinco de Mayo (I really really love Mexican food so I’m going all out)

I’m sure there are many other special days, special weeks in May but I can’t really list them all, either way there is a lot going on this month.  Oh yeah and for those of you who are in high school (I miss school) Prom is this month as well.  Mind you I never went to mine cause my boyfriend at the time (who was not in high school) was leaving out of the country the same day as prom, so I didn’t get to go.  Oh wells I’m sure I didn’t miss much. 

Funny story – yesterday I was watching Haunted Collector, well my lil munchkin decides to go pull one of the blinds off the window, and she was successful at it.  I go to her and say did you break the blinds, she says no looks to the side and says the man did it.  I said what man, and she’s like the one over there.  (Need I remind you that I’m watching a show with ghosts on it), and I’m like I don’t see anyone there.  She’s like yeah the man in the car and he’s going like this and she pretends to be moving the steering wheel.  I say ok and have to walk away because she slightly freaked me out.  You know kids are more perceptive than grownups; after all they are not jaded with life experiences.  Needless to say I tried very hard not to think of the man standing in my room as per my three year old.

I’ve been reading a lot of New Adult books lately, and I have to say I’m really enjoying the genre because it deals with College life or life after college but not too far along.  It reminds me of the good old days when everything was much simpler.  Anyway I have to say I really do like this genre a lot.  So any suggestions you have on books I should check out make sure you throw them my way.



I missed a lot of things this week because I was busy.  So I’m doing them here right now just for the hell of it.  Here’s a teaser ala teaser Tuesday of a book I’m currently reading:

“Wait, because of the recession?”

“The boy recession,” Hunter corrects me, kicking a stick toward the fire. His sneakers have no laces in them.

“What is the boy recession?”

“You know how all those dudes left our school? Like, the football guys? Eugene calls it the boy recession.”

“And he thinks he has a chance with Bobbi because…”

“He thinks girls are gonna, like, take what they can get, now that there aren’t that many dudes hanging around.”

 

The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney  (Kindle Locations 519-524).

Little Brown Books for Young Readers. Kindle Edition.


And then there’s my book I’m waiting for.  I’m waiting for a lot of books but here are some specific ones I’m really looking forward to:

Golden


Release Date May 14, 2013


Seventeen-year-old Parker Frost has never taken the road less traveled. Valedictorian and quintessential good girl, she’s about to graduate high school without ever having kissed her crush or broken the rules. So when fate drops a clue in her lap—one that might be the key to unraveling a town mystery—she decides to take a chance.

Julianna Farnetti and Shane Cruz are remembered as the golden couple of Summit Lakes High—perfect in every way, meant to be together forever. But Julianna’s journal tells a different story—one of doubts about Shane and a forbidden romance with an older, artistic guy. These are the secrets that were swept away with her the night that Shane’s jeep plunged into an icy river, leaving behind a grieving town and no bodies to bury.

Reading Julianna’s journal gives Parker the courage to start to really live—and it also gives her reasons to question what really happened the night of the accident. Armed with clues from the past, Parker enlists the help of her best friend, Kat, and Trevor, her longtime crush, to track down some leads. The mystery ends up taking Parker places that she never could have imagined. And she soon finds that taking the road less traveled makes all the difference.
 
 
And then there's stuff on my shelf that I need to get on, my friend actually read this book and she told me I have to pick it up already because it was good.  Have you read it?  What do you think of it?
 
Eleanor and Park
Release Date: February 26
Description:
"Bono met his wife in high school," Park says.
"So did Jerry Lee Lewis," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be," she says, "we’re sixteen."
"What about Romeo and Juliet?"
"Shallow, confused, then dead."
''I love you," Park says.
"Wherefore art thou," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be."

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, EL...more
"Bono met his wife in high school," Park says.
"So did Jerry Lee Lewis," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be," she says, "we’re sixteen."
"What about Romeo and Juliet?"
"Shallow, confused, then dead."
''I love you," Park says.
"Wherefore art thou," Eleanor answers.
"I’m not kidding," he says.
"You should be."

Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.


 And just in case I don't get a chance to do tomorrow, here are some Books I've found out about. 

Looking forward to checking both these books out in the near future hopefully.  How about you has your week been hectic as well, any upcoming events planned for May?  Let's shoo the ... you know talk.

No comments: