Thursday, February 2, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Random Pick Up

A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. Hosted at Booking Through Thursday.

Today's question is:

Have you ever read a random book left in a waiting room or on a park bench, etc., and did you like it?

I don't think I've ever picked up a book randomly from the airport, bench etc anywhere really. Because honestly some people you should just not touch their things because you just don't know where they have been. That's not to say that I won't glance at the cover and the title from a distance or take a picture of it with my phone to maybe check it out later. That's what I do when I go to the store, I'll take a picture of the new books just to remind myself to check them out at a later time. But to touch something randomly in public (I'm not a germaphobe) but unless it's money I'm not there lol.

7 comments:

DawnTreader said...

That aspect of it never really occurred to me - I've borrowed books from libraries all my life, and who knows with those either. But I wouldn't just take a book I found somewhere because I'd assume it belonged to someone.

Anonymous said...

I never noticed a random book in a public place.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/booking-through-thursday.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Several people have mentioned germs, but like Dawn says, library books could be in some strange places too...lol.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Cathy.

Unknown said...

I would be more worried that the book belonged to someone. Feels too much like theft. I read used books and I'm sure they've been in some strange places. That doesn't bother me, though.

Yvonne said...

I feel the same way, plus I would think that the owner could come back to claim the book.

Gigi Ann said...

I have never read a random book either.

Hazel said...

Neither did I. I have yet to experience finding a stray book, and then see if I'd be interested.