Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: •Grab your current read •Open to a random page •Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page •BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) •Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Here's my teaser for the week:

And then I was flying down the slalom course, staying tight and tucking in, dodging around the gates as fast as possible.  I knew my time would be good because I was in the zone.  My body went on automatic, feeling exactly what to do when.  I enjoyed the bright sparkling day, the white snow, the spectators in crazy-colored gear lining both sides of the course, the too-blue sky.  There was no feeling in world like this, having a body that worked.

Winter's Kiss (The Ex Games and The Twelve Dates of Christmas)
By Jennifer Echols and Catherine Hapka
Release Date: January 3, 2012
Page 37

7 comments:

Kristin Aragon said...

I haven't read any of Jennifer Echols stuff but I hear it's outstanding. Nice Teaser. Thanks for stopping by Better Read Than Dead.

My Teaser

~Kristin

Jennifer @ Bad Bird Reads said...

I haven't heard of Echols or this book but it seems good. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

Jennifer @ http://readingandwritingurbanfantasy.blogspot.com/

Book Loving Mommy said...

Wow! That paints a great picture! Thanks for stopping by my Teaser!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! I just got my review up for that book, it was amazing!! I love your teaser, I have been dying to read some of Jennifer Echols work, I heard she is really great. New follower here. [:

-ShawnaLeAnn @ Dreaming In The Pages

Brittani said...

Thanks for stopping by! Great teaser! I have this book on my TBR list.

Jennifer said...

Haven't heard of this before but I love the descriptive writing. Might have to give this one a try.

Thanks for stopping by our TT.

Anonymous said...

Haven't heard of this, but it sounds interesting. The character is really looking forward to it.