Friday, June 16, 2017

Review: I'm Not in the Band by Amber Garza

I'm Not in the Band
By: Amber Garza
Release Date: June 12, 2017

Description:
I like Kassidy Milton. There, I said it. She’s funny, beautiful—even though she doesn’t know it—and my favorite kind of weird. But I can’t tell if she’s into me or just trying to get close to me for a chance with my famous twin brother instead. I mean, it has to be me. I am the better-looking one.

But Kassidy has some demons, and she’s not good at letting people in. That happens when you’ve been hurt by someone close to you. I can relate. Trust is a funny thing; it’s hard to gain but easy to lose. I might just learn that the hard way.

Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book includes a snarky heroine, a swoon-worthy hero, crazy best friends, your favorite music, and lots of feels.
 

Review:
Sometimes it’s really hard being a teenager, and when there are other factors in your life preventing you from fully being yourself it makes life even harder.  I think that Amber Garza did a really great job showing the different sides to teenagers and just people in general today.  Sometimes there are factors out of your control.

We meet Kassidy (great name by the way) who is out with her sister and trying to pretty much get her life back on track.  She’s starting a new school and trying to find herself after her breakup with all her friends at her old school.  Of course she just happens to run into a guy at a concert and one thing leads to another and they really hit it off.  I think this is a fantasy of many teenage girls, to find a guy at a concert who just so happens to be related to the band or at least knows someone.  I know when I was younger I used to fantasize about things like that.  Anyway back to the story, it just so happens they go to the same school and he’s going to show her around.

I don’t really want to expand on the story to much because you should really check it out.  But the interaction between these two and their friends is quite fun to experience.  There is a bit of jealousy going on that I think anyone would feel and then of course all the backstory with Kassidy comes out in little pieces here and there.  It’s interesting and difficult to live through her panic attacks, and understand what she’s going through but at the same time I think it’s something we definitely need to learn to understand.  These are some serious illnesses, thoughts and things that happen to these kids and it will just make you a better person for reading about them and experiencing it through their eyes.  Especially because the author did such a great job describing them.


This was really a great book overall and I think anyone would enjoy it.  I love the cover I think it’s sweet and endearing and I’m totally rooting for these two to live happily ever after.  Great quick read with some serious undertones.

Disclaimer:

I received this book from NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: