Thursday, March 24, 2016

Review: Wanting More by Jessica Ruddick

Wanting More
By: Jessica Ruddick
Release Date: March 28, 2016
Series: Love on Campus #2

Description:
I can’t stop wanting her…

Bri Welch likes to play it safe. I don’t. She’s wound tight, and I’m all about a good party. But there’s something about her that makes me want to pull those uptight layers away one-by-delicious-one. But the worst thing is she makes me want more…

Links




Review:
This was definitely a book about how much opposites attract to one another.  Jessica Ruddick did a great job of showing how these two characters could be so different from one another but somehow make their union work really well together. 

We meet Brianna who is a young graduate student working as an academic advisor.  She’s very put together and by the book.  That is until she meets Josh.  The troublemaker with no aspirations in life and no set goals yet, her complete opposite.  He’s in a fraternity and loves to party and hang out with no ambition at all.  The two couldn’t be more different from the other, but I think it’s this difference in them that makes them so great together.  They both bring out the best in the other, they make each other better people when they are together.

There are some great friends in this book, which some of the characters are from the first book in the series which I haven’t read yet but I definitely will after reading this one.  They all seemed like really great friends to have and to be by your side when you need them the most.  I also love books about college life, I miss those days, and they were too much fun and less responsibility that now.  Oh the good old days.

This book didn’t only revolve around the relationship of Bri and Josh, it also showed great dynamic and relationships between parents and their kids.  Seeing the interactions between Josh and his dad it was touching and moving and I even had a tear in my eye.  It was sweet and it doesn’t happen overnight but all it takes is for you to start it.  Really endearing moments throughout the book.  I really liked all aspects of this book.  Even the moments when they touched upon abuse, I think though if the author was going to put it in there she probably should have flowed with it a little more or maybe not put it in there as much if that makes sense.  It’s a serious subject that should always be explored if it’s put out there. 


Overall I really enjoyed this book, will have to check out the other books in the series and the first one.  Great read, quick and entertaining.  Love the cover so innocent and makes you want more. 

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Entangled Publishing, LLC, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: