Friday, September 26, 2014

Review: Before We Fall by Courtney Cole

Before We Fall
By: Courtney Cole
Release Date: December 3, 2013
Series: Beautifully Broken #3

Description:

Sometimes, one dark moment is all it takes to turn your world black...

For 24-year old Dominic Kinkaide, that moment took place on the night of his high school graduation. One dark incident changed him forever. He's a hardened actor now, famous in the eyes of the world, but tortured in his own. He doesn't care about much of anything, except for losing himself in the roles that he plays.

23-year old Jacey Vincent doesn't realize how much her father's indifference has affected her. She is proof that sometimes it isn't one specific moment that wrecks a person, but rather it's an absence of moments. She's like a bird with a broken wing-strong yet fragile, as she tries to float through life, finding acceptance in the arms of random guys, one after the other... to fill the void that her father left in her.

Until she meets Dominic.

After jaded Dominic and strong-willed Jacey are thrown together, his secret and her issues create a dark and damaged energy that will soon turn their attraction to each other into an explosive storm.

Even though when the clouds have cleared and the dust has settled, both of them are almost obliterated... they've learned a priceless lesson.

Sometimes, before we fall... we fly.

Review:
First of all let me start by saying that I read the first book in this series and I liked it but I never really felt connected to the book so I didn't bother with the second, but after reading this third book which is eons past the first book writing wise I’m in love.  The connection was undeniable between me and the characters, I felt for them through and through even through all the perversion, excitement and drama this book went well past my expectations and I’m happy I had the opportunity to read it.  I will definitely be reading the second book in this series and continue reading more from Courtney Cole in the future.

We meet Jacey and Dominic who couldn't be more opposite each other but still ran in the same crowds due to work and family they meet up unexpectedly.  One thing leads to another and they get caught in a sticky situation where they are forced to spend time with one another.  Throughout this time Jacey sees something inside Dominic that no one notices, she believes she can fix him because she thinks she can fix anyone, very intuitive.  Through all their perverse situations, as interesting as they were there was some honesty and rawness that came out between them, in small bits and pieces at first.  They are both very much broken but together they can get through it, if they would just admit it to one another. 

There are a lot of family situations and misunderstandings that go on in this book but with a little patience and understanding things come undone.  Truths come out and now all there is to do is to heal.  It’s hard and it was definitely heartbreaking hearing the back story and what really happened even if everyone didn't have all the pieces together until they all got together it really was heartbreaking; I definitely teared up for these characters.  But together, the main word here the truth came out and things seem to get better.  All it takes is time and forgiveness.

This book was entertaining from the very beginning to the very end, there wasn't a moment where I was bored and there wasn't a moment where I didn't wonder what was really going on with each of the characters.  Courtney Cole has me hooked on this story and definitely on this family and group of friends.  I can’t wait to find out what happens next because even in the next book I definitely felt a little something for the character that book will be based upon. 


I love this cover, and this book.  Make sure you give this series a chance because it will be worth it.  By the way this can definitely be read as a standalone but it will definitely make you wonder about the other characters in the book as well. 

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing), so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: