Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review: The Wedding Date by Yolanda Allen

The Wedding Date (Sexy Romance Novella)
By: Yolanda Allen
Release Date:

Description:
For Mature Audiences 18+ due to strong language and sexual content

Jason Tuckerman is tired of being the single guy at the family functions, but the only woman he wants on his arm is engaged to another man. His brother's wedding is in two weeks, and he wishes his best friend, Whitney Ryan, would go with him.

After moving to New York to be with her fiancé, Brent, he breaks up with her! Now Whitney's stuck in a lease with a man who doesn't want her, and can't see any way out. She's drowning her sorrows at a bar when she thinks of Jason, and after too many cocktails, decides to give him a fateful call.

Review:
This was a very quick, easy and light read that is sure to tickle your fancy or something else. 

I personally don't normally read books like this because I thought it was a new adult but I got the feeling from the very beginning it was more of an adult romance book.  Nothing new adult about it really because I don't think they mentioned the ages of the characters.  Regardless it was a little more than I was expecting in one way and less in another.  The story is a general story which I love to read about how a best friend loves a girl, girl finally is alone and has a chance to be with that best friend.  I know you know the story and it's always fun to watch when realization hits the other person.  Because you know they are friends for a reason, because they so obviously belong together.

This is what the book was about, and of course you have the ever jealous ex that he doesn't realize what he has until it's gone, or going or was there something else going on with him.  Typical story that always gets me going.  Only thing is I wasn't too fond on the way the characters talked, and I couldn't really connect with any of the characters, they felt forced and wishy washy which is annoying sometimes.  Just do it already, you know what I mean.  I just didn't get attached to the characters and couldn't genuinely root for them because I already knew what was going to happen I didn't have to.

Overall quick, easy ready that will get your temperature rising.


Quote:
I know that you're just probably doing this because you're hurt and upset and in some way you're trying to get back at Brent, but…Whitney…I love kissing you."
(Kindle Locations 245-246)

Disclaimer
I received this book from New Adult Book Club on Goodreads and the author Yolanda Allen, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: