Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day! Books I love!

So first off let me say Happy Valentine's to all my readers!  Thank you for stopping by today it's always a pleasure!  So like many people today I'm sure are looking up exactly what is Valentine's Day and why is it now so commercialized.  I did the very common sense thing and went to Wikipedia hehe.  Here's a section on this famous holiday that I actually enjoyed:
The first recorded association of Valentine's Day with romantic love is in Parlement of Foules (1382) by Geoffrey Chaucer.[25] Chaucer wrote:


For this was on seynt Volantynys day
Whan euery bryd comyth there to chese his make.

["For this was on Saint Valentine's Day, when every bird cometh there to choose his mate."]

This poem was written to honor the first anniversary of the engagement of King Richard II of England to Anne of Bohemia.[34] A treaty providing for a marriage was signed on May 2, 1381.[35] (When they were married eight months later, they were each only 15 years old).
I've always enjoyed that era - at least watching movies, hello the Tudors was an amazing series! Any who so today I want to talk about some of my favorite books about love, or just books I love.  Here's my top 5 books that bring the emotion out in me:

1. Just One Day By Gayle Foreman - maybe it's because I just read it and can't get my mind off it, but really what are the chances of something that significant happening the way it did in the book.  I love the love in this book because it is like a stain.  If you've read the book you know what I mean!

2. Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols - usually I would pick any book but I think the love between the two main characters is crazy love, and it's passionate love not physically but emotionally they just want so much so bad, but go about it the wrong way and that's why I love this book.

3. Summer Series by Jenny Hahn - A love triangle at it's best and it's worst, the whole series made me just cry and cry and love and feel and it was just amazing.  Have you read it yet?

4.Something Maybe by Elizabeth Scott - it's a simple love but love it is and it is fierce when realization finally hits the main character.  It was just all around awesome and the guy in this, there need to be more like him around this world, that's for sure.

5. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - so I start off with a book that happens in Paris and end off with a book that takes place in Paris.  I really do think Paris might actually be the city of Love after all.  I'll make it there one day, I just know I will.  Amazing book and if you haven't read it, then you must be nuts!

Because I couldn't help it - I have to add an honorable mention because this book reminds me so much of my life at one point and the love these two have is so undeniable even if they are trying to deny it lol.

The Duff by Kody Keplinger - and if you haven't read this one, seriously there's something wrong with you Kody's books are the best I can't wait to read her next one, whenever it comes out.


 So there you have my list, I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and well a great weekend.  I'm going to finish work then go home and eat some of my lovely chocolates :-) after I give the kiddies their gifts of course.

No comments: