Monday, December 5, 2016

Review: Did I Mention I Miss You? by Estelle Maskame

Did I Mention I Miss You?
By: Estelle Maskame
Release Date: December 6, 2017
Series: The DIMLY Trilogy #3

Description:
One last chance for love.
It’s been a year since Eden last spoke to Tyler. She remains furious with him for his abrupt departure last summer but has done her best to move on with her life at college in Chicago – and she’s finally over Tyler…right? As school breaks up for the summer, she's heading back to Santa Monica, but she's not the only one who decides to come home…
Despite their breakup, Tyler’s determined to rekindle what they once had. Having been left behind to deal with the aftermath of their bombshell revelation and a family torn apart, Eden’s not sure she can forgive him. Now she must search her heart and decide if Tyler is worth the risk once and for all.
Did I Mention I Miss You? is the explosive finale to Wattpad senstation Estelle Maskame's DIMILY trilogy: three unforgettable summers of secrets, heartbreak, and forbidden romance.
Look for the companion novels:
Did I Mention I Love You? Available Now!
Did I Mention I Need You? Available Now!
Review:
What an amazing ending to a wonderful series that had so much emotion to it.  You are automatically sucked into this world once again even if it’s been a very long time since you’ve read the last book.  From the very first page it’s as if you haven’t left this reality where Eden and Tyler exist.  Estelle Maskame did an amazing job closing out this series in a very blissfully radiant way.

We are back with Eden after Tyler leaves her alone for a year and she hasn’t heard from him at all, this of course devastates Eden.  It’s hard, dealing with everything they started and he left behind.  Life is hard.  There is so much tension between everyone in this book but with Tyler’s reappearance there is only one that that can happen, something needs to be said and done.  There is an attempt at a family vacation where everyone finally deals with all their issues, but if you know these characters then you know that something like that will not be happening any time soon.  There is too much going on.

What I like about this series is that not only is it a bit of a love story but there are real issues at hand.  Relationships being tested, like father/daughter, mother/daughter, father/son and siblings.  It’s all there all types of relationships even friendships.  Not only that but it’s also about growing up and making your own decisions about your life.  It’s about not caring what others think as long as you are happy.  That is an important lesson to learn for anyone. 

This book wasn’t about the butterflies you get when these two get together, this book was raw and real about solving things and fixing lives.  That’s what makes me love this book and love this series because they had their crazy meeting, they had their blissful relationship but now they are dealing with reality in their own ways and together. 

It’s hard for me to talk about this book without giving too much away but the writing was beautiful, everything flowed great and smoothly.  The cover depends on which one you like I kind of like the paperback version more than the other.  But either way I will definitely be checking out other books by Maskame.  Overall this was a really perfect ending to an interesting series.  I still don’t think there is anything wrong with stepsiblings getting together, because really it’s not their fault their parents got together.  If there is no blood shared then I think they are good to go.  I just really support team Eden and Tyler! Remember …. 

No Te Rindas.

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Sourcebooks Fire, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!


No comments: