Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Review: Play By Piper Lawson

Play
By: Piper Lawson
Release Date: September 14, 2016

Description:
PLAY is a quirky 70k word standalone about life, love, and the pursuit of orgasms. 
I mean, video games.

IT'S (A)LIVE!!! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G0OI1SW 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Payton Blake. A successful, balanced twenty-something girl living the dream. 

OK. So it's a big-ass lie. 

I could be all of those things. If I had friends outside of work. And if I didn't mainline watermelon slushies like they were a food group. It wouldn't hurt if I'd had sex in the last year, either. (My best friend insists Jorge the Nightstand Boyfriend doesn't count.) 

But when you know where you're headed, who needs to enjoy the ride? Even if part of me longed for a little between-the-sheets adventure, Max Donovan would be the last guy I'd call. 

Sure, he made the indie video game that broke the internet. His eyebrow piercing's sexy, in an 'are-you-in-a-band?' way, and fighting with him gets me off faster than Jorge on bezerker mode. But he's arrogant. Presumptuous. Colder than a cactus and twice as prickly. 

None of it changes the fact that I crave Max Donovan like a watermelon slushy on a hot summer day. 

I should ignore him. But I can't, because he just became my biggest client. And whether he'll admit it or not, he needs me even more than I need him.

Game on, Max Donovan.

Review:
I don’t usually say this but this book was fire! It was so hot and addicting I almost contemplated calling out of work just so I could finish reading it. Piper really did an amazing job on the writing of this book, it was captivating, thrilling, and oh so sweet. 

We meet Payton who is working her way up in the financial world trying to be as successful as she can be when she lands a meeting that my just make her year.  That is until she meets who it is and then the fireworks begin, constant bickering back and forth between her and Mr. Max Donovan.  He’s the head of a gaming company and oh so sexy with his eyebrow piercing.  But they are both very strong personalities and the tension between the two of them is too hot.  There were some scenes in this book that even made me blush. 

The two of them are working together to make Max’s new endeavor more successful than his last, but Max of course wants to do it his way and his way only.  It’s hard when you lose all trust in people, letting anyone in even a little bit can be a difficult thing.  You feel like you can’t give them not even a small part of you but Payton knows just how to crack into his shell. 

The story line between the two of them was great because they aren’t the same person, they are grown adults and even though it may have been a little instant connection they showed that it was instant lustful connection and throughout time they fell for one another.  This is real life and it could really happen exactly the way the book described it because I’m sure it happens every day.  So the realistic aspects of the book, the interesting gaming jargon and the bonus of throwing in an event like comic con, which I aspire to go to one day was just overwhelmingly fabulous in the book.  It bought everything together and just that much more enticing. 


This was a quick read because you didn’t want to put it down, the interaction between all the characters were addicting.  The cover is very sexy, although I will say it’s missing the eyebrow piercing because that just adds to the sexiness as it’s mentioned so much in the book, and the perfect mouth.  Fantastically spicy read that I would recommend to everyone asap!  It comes out today so make sure you pick it up and I promise you will not regret it!


Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Victory Editing, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!


No comments: