Monday, January 27, 2014

Review: Lila and Ethan: Forever and Always by Jessica Sorenson

Lila and Ethan: Forever and Always
By Jessican Sorensen
Release Date: December 24, 2013
Series: The Secret #4.5

Description:
Lila Summers just wants to know one thing for certain: that Ethan Gregory will be with her always. Once her friend, he's become so much more, melting the pain of her past away with each kiss. Now Lila is on a road trip with Ethan, in the wilderness under the stars, and she can't imagine her life without him. But when she talks about the future, something in Ethan changes . . .

Ethan has no doubts about his feelings for Lila. His life with her gets better every day-and that's the scary part. How can he walk into a future where he has everything to lose? With Lila, his whole heart is on the line for the very first time. But if Ethan can't give her the promise she needs, his greatest fear might come true: he'll lose Lila for good.


Review:
This was a very sweet and simple and very short story.  I was actually expecting more from this little book.  It was a quick read and even though I enjoy the story of Lila and Ethan this book did them no justice at all.  I wanted more from them, something deeper.

We are a month out from the last book when Ella and Micha finally tied the knot.  Lila and Ethan are on their road trip living off the land and that's such a cool concept and I'm not sure I could do it.  Maybe one day if I'm brave enough.   Anyway back to the story its really all about Ethan's struggle with what the future will bring.  He doesn't want to end up like his parents and he doesn't want Lila to end up like hers.  They have some really sweet moments and I'm really sad to see them go. 

I think the story ended a little abruptly like I was definitely expecting a little bit more.  but all in all Jessica Sorensen has me hooked on all her books and all her wonderful characters.  I love the cover and the tattoo.  So significant to their relationship and to Lila in general.  Great quick and easy read and a semi ending to Lila and Ethan because it left me wanting more.

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Forever (Grand Central Publishing), so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: