Thursday, January 3, 2013

Booking Through Thursday: Resolutions

A weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading. Hosted at Booking Through Thursday.

This weeks question is:
Any reading resolutions for the new year? Reading more? (Reading less?) Reading better books? Bigger books? More series? More relaxing books?
And hey, feel free to talk about any other resolutions you might have, too … or why you choose NOT to have any.
I don't usually do resolutions, but if you think about the Goodreads 2013 challenge is really a resolution for yourself on how many books you plan on reading.  Last year I did 100 and surpassed that.  This year I chose 100 again because I believe I can reach it.  I don't want a goal and then to fail at it, that's probably why I don't do resolutions.  Sure I can just like many people claim to do the typical resolutions but you know what I'm not even going to try because I know I will not even bother doing them.  Why lie to myself so my friends and family can be like I told you so ha, no thanks.

Only thing I want to accomplish this year is going out more but I do that plenty.  Maybe I'll try something new this year.  Who knows only time will tell and I'm all about flying by the seat of my pants and going with the flow of things.  No stress just keep it moving.  Know what I mean?

res·o·lu·tion
/ˌrɛz əˈlu ʃən/ Show Spelled [rez-uh-loo-shuh n] noun
1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
5. the act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts.

What are your resolutions?

2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Reading wise, I'm going to read more for enjoyment and less for obligation and scheduled reviews.
2 Kids and Tired Books BTT

Unknown said...

Trying new things...that's always a great resolution :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/01/booking-through-thursday.html