Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: •Grab your current read •Open to a random page •Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page •BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) •Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser:
“Will you teach me?” I ask.

“I’m not supposed to do that.”

“We’re not supposed to be doing any of this,” I remind him. Sounds drift up from the tangled trees and undergrowth below us. Someone is coming. I feel desperate to make him promise to teach me before anyone gets here and this moment vanishes. “We’re not supposed to know poems or writing or ...” I stop myself. I ask again. “Will you teach me?”
.....
I’ve given up on talking to him again today when I feel someone brush past me. At the same time I hear a word so soft and quiet I wonder if he said it up on the hill and the wind has just now carried it down to me.
The word is yes.
 
Matched by Ally Condie
 
I couldn't resist giving the answer to her question.  I'm loving this book, review to come soon! 

8 comments:

Trish said...

i can't wait to check out your review! this sounds good!
Trish - Here's my T.T. Post

Sherre said...

Ahhhhh!!! I love this book so much. You make me want to read it again. I cant wait for Crossed to come out. My TT

Cara said...

I love Matched! such a great dystopian. thanks for sharing the teaser! :)

my teaser's here.

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

This book is excellent, and I cannot WAIT for Crossed! :) Great teaser!

My Teaser

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Matched!!! Great teaser:)

Thanks for checking out my Teaser Tuesday. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

Bex said...

Ooh, I really wanna read this one myself too! I'm glad you're liking it. :D It seems real good! My teaser can be found here!

Rebecca
Kindle Fever

Marcie said...

Great teaser from a good book. I hope you like it. Thanks from stopping by to check out my TT.

Marcie from To Read or Not To Read

Kyanara_BJD said...

Great teaser!
Thnx for stopping by my
Have a wonderfull day!
Kyanara