Friday, September 22, 2017

Review: Got Mine by Nicole Loufas

Got Mine
By: Nicole Loufas
Release Date: July 25, 2017
Series: Men of Trance #1

Description:
When his precocious daughter is accepted into a hipster private school - Theodore Sway sacrifices his ego, his morals, and his body hair so Lulu isn’t damned to a life of ramen noodles and broken dreams. 

Theo takes a job at Trance; the city’s only women’s club, and soon becomes its star attraction. That still isn’t enough to pay his daughter's tuition and the ever-rising cost of his San Francisco neighborhood. With the help of Rico, a fellow entertainer and part-time pimp; Theo earns extra cash through a series of hilarious side jobs.

Soon, Theo’s sexy stage persona becomes a liability and threatens his role as the world's okayest dad.

Review:
I saw this cover and read the description and thought ok this definitely sounds like a book up my alley let me check it out.  I’m glad I did because it really wasn’t what I expected. 

We meet Theo as he ventures on to stripping trying to pay for his daughter’s education, which is a noble thing if you think about it because he’s being selfless about it.  I really thought the book was going to go somewhere and it eventually did but it was so typical that I didn’t feel any excitement.  It really wasn’t what I expected but then again the description didn’t go much further than he’s taking a job at Trance. There was a lot going in in the story, the plot was good I just wish it was a little more.   

I really couldn’t relate to the characters, at times it felt rushed or like there was way more to the story that could have been told but there wasn’t.  Overall it was an okay book.  I really love the cover, the guy just looks amazing.  I think the ending is definitely where it gets you.  Just when I was ready to give up on it, it just hooked me back in.  The book was interesting, maybe I’ll read the next one in the series. 

I will say this the other characters in the book they were questionable at best, I wonder about them, why they strip etc.  maybe I really will check out the next book. 

Disclaimer:

I received this book from NetGalley and Nicole Loufas, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: