Thursday, September 22, 2016

Review: My Wild Irish Dragon by Ashlyn Chase

My Wild Irish Dragon
By: Ashlyn Chase
Release Date: September 6, 2016
Series: Boston Dragons #2

Description:
ONE JOB OPENING
TWO SHIFTERS APPLY...
SPARKS FLY
Dragon shifter Chloe Arish is hell-bent on becoming a Boston firefighter. She uses her Irish charm and fake documents to score an interview, knowing she has to work every bit as hard as a man-harder if she wants their respect.

Born into a legendary Boston firefighting family, phoenix shifter Ryan Fiero can't possibly let someone best him on the training course or the job. He'd never hear the end of it. When a feisty new recruit comes along who's determined to do just that, Ryan plots to kick her out-until their sizzling chemistry turns explosive...
 

Boston Dragons Series:
I Dream of Dragons
My Wild Irish Dragon
Praise for Ashlyn Chase's Flirting with Fangs series:
"Merges the paranormal and real world seamlessly... Truly entertaining."-Long and Short Reviews
"Hot sex scenes and a breezy tone with a nice, happily-ever-after."-Booklist

Review:
I haven’t read anything paranormal in quite some time but I figure seeing as Halloween is coming up let me give it a go.  Ashlyn Chace did a really great job with this paranormal romance.  It was very much the great genre I remembered.  Although I don’t believe I’ve ever read much about dragons in the past, but shifters absolutely and there were a number of shifters in this book.

We meet Chloe who is a dragon from Ireland, and I love all the Irish accents throughout the book, I can picture them all talking in my mind and loved every second it.  Something about accents so intriguing.  Even though I’m sure to foreigners we have an accent as well.  Any who so she is very keen on becoming a firefighter and showing what she has to offer, this is where she meets Ryan.  He’s tough and ready to prove himself as well especially coming from a very large family of firefighters he has a lot more to lose.

The chemistry they have in the beginning and towards the middle of the book is so palpable and energy filled between the two of them, you can just feel it when you are in a room with them.  It’s intoxicating.  When they finally did explode together you couldn’t help but cheer for them, of course they have a few obstacles in their way but the way they overcome it with compromise is quite impressive.  These two definitely have ever lasting type of chemistry.

Overall I thought the book was great. The story was interested, the language barrier made you laugh from time to time, who knew American sayings were so confusing at times and easy to mess up.  The drama between the two main characters and all the other characters in the rest of the book weren’t too major but it was all resolved very nicely and amicably.  I like it when everyone somehow in some way gets what they want.


Love the cover, exactly what I pictured Ryan to look like, and super yum.  Quick read, great paranormal romance. 

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and Sourcebooks Casablanca, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: