Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Review: Did I Mention I Love You? (Did I Mention I Love You (DIMILY)) by Estelle Maskame

Did I Mention I Love You? (Did I Mention I Love You (DIMILY))

By: Estelle Maskame 
Release Date: December 1, 2015
Series: DIMILY #1

Description:
Love is everything but expected.
Eden Monroe came to California for a summer of sun, sand and celebrities what better way to forget about the drama back home? Until she meets her new family of strangers: a dad she hasn't seen in three years, a stepmonster and three stepbrothers.
Eden gets her own room in her dad's fancy house in Santa Monica. A room right next door to her oldest stepbrother, Tyler Bruce. Whom she cannot stand. He's got angry blue eyes and ego bigger than a Beverly Hills mansion. She's never felt such intense dislike for someone. But the two are constantly thrown together as his group of friends pull her into their world of rule-breaking, partying and pier-hanging.
And the more she tries to understand what makes Tyler burn hotter than the California sun, the more Eden finds herself falling for the one person she shouldn't...
Did I Mention I Love You? is the addictive first book in Wattpad sensation Estelle Maskame's DIMILY trilogy: three unforgettable summers of secrets, heartbreak and forbidden romance.

Review:
This book was intense from beginning to end and had my attention captivated.  My heart is still pumping hard for this book, beyond entertaining.  Some might not like it because of the content but I was intrigued and enthralled with the characters and their situations.  Estelle Maskame did an amazing job bringing this story to life and I can’t wait to read the next chapter.

We meet Eden as she is shipped off to stay with her dad for a summer, why? she doesn’t know but goes along with it, anything to get away from the drama with her friends at home.  But with this move comes four new people into her life that she’s never met before, a stepmother and three stepbrothers. Her relationship with all these new people and friends in her life are interesting to watch and experience.  Especially her growing relationship with oldest stepbrother Tyler.  Who seems like a lot of trouble but really there are just some deep seeded issues that he’s trying to work out.

I loved when they interacted because it seemed like he hated her so much and the second he says to her “Me Frustras” I knew exactly where this was going and even though yes it’s weird sort of but only in technicalities, it still put a smile and I still have a smile on my face for these two.  Their story and budding romance and secrecy was intense and really sweet because all Eden wanted to do was save Tyler and make him a better person.  Together they were good but it’s hard when they couldn’t show that to the world. 

There were a lot of different and interesting characters in this book.  Tiffani the crazy one, Rachel the sensible one (sort of), Dean the sweet one who stays in the background, but nevertheless sweet.  Then there was Jake the player.  Tyler the bad boy who no one wanted to mess with but everyone wants to be around.  Even Ella the stepmom and her dad had their own issues but overall still interesting characters that bought something a little more to the story overall. 

I really enjoyed the west coast beach setting, the intense stimulating plot throughout the whole book, the fascinating characters and being given the opportunity to review this book, it was a joy to read and I’m off to read the next one in the series because I am now addicted to the DIMILY series!

I love all the different covers they have out there but I think this one caught my attention the most, just saying.  It’s sweet and innocent, like their relationship in a way.  I love the sweetness of it all, no you won’t be gushing but you will feel the intensity between the two of them and it is undeniable.  

Disclaimer:
I received this book from NetGalley and SOURCEBOOKS Fire, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: