Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: Team Lucas by Ally Adams

Team Lucas
By: Ally Adams
Release Date: July 1, 2015
Series: The Saints Team #1

Description:
"Lucas Ainswright won’t even remember my name in a month’s time—but one occasional smile or a look from those searching eyes made me want to dissect him and put him together again."

Mia Carter never thought getting suspended from her part-time job for having attitude could be the best thing to ever happen ... maybe. 

When Lucas Ainswright—one of the world’s biggest sporting stars—needs a minder, it just so happens that attitude is what is needed to keep Lucas in line.

Now Mia’s job is to manage the sporting world’s bad boy and keep him at the top of his game for the season. Game on!

Review:
Talk about an amazingly fabulous debut novel that had me obsessed with some really fantastic characters from the introduction to the final word in this addicting story.  Can I say GOAL!!!! Soccer players were hot before but they just got hotter thanks to Ally Adams great story about the Saints Captain Lucas Ainswright.  Can I get one of those?

We are introduced to Mia who has the unfortunate job of being a Minder for the captain of the Saints soccer team.  What is a minder you might ask, basically she gets to live in a posh beach pad and has to randomly drug test this beautiful specimen of a man.  Tough job right?  Well it turns out it’s more mentally challenging than anything with his constant difficulties relating and trusting people, getting things from Lucas is just not that easy sometimes.  But the banter between the two from the very beginning was entertaining to say the least.  I love it when characters argue with one another back and forth, to me it’s just their foreplay and makes the anticipation grow even more for when they finally realize what they have.

Anticipation is definitely very apparent in this book though and that made me love it even more.  You are so used to characters falling into insta love right away and getting it on but these two had quite a while before their lives shifted, and I loved it.  Not only were the interactions between these two electric but it was entertaining and quite funny.  Don’t get me wrong there was definitely one moment well my heart went out to Mia, but I won’t tell you about it because really you need to pick this book up and read it, there are some great things in here that you will remember for quite a while. 

Mia and Lucas were fabulous, but there are also other characters, members of the team that I’m dying to get to know better.  Especially Pez (which thankfully he is the focus of the next book) and Niklas as well, he seemed to like to egg Lucas on a little when it came to Mia but indirectly with smug looks.  You’ll see what I mean when you read it.  Another great character was Harry, he’s new to the team and with new things come new experiences so I hope there is definitely a book about him (crosses fingers). Lets not forget Mia’s best friend Alice, I want to know what her story is too she seems to work too hard that’s for sure.


But I digress, back to the main characters.  Love! Can’t really say much more than that.  The story was great, humorous, engaging and when they finally give in to one another it was blistering and just all smiles all around.  This book had me smiling, laughing, tearing up and just overall happy I enjoyed it so much that I had to read it all in one day because I couldn’t put it down.  That’s how good it was.  I love the cover, because I’m totally Team Lucas and trust is a major thing in this book.  Trust, it’s hard to obtain but worth the wait.  Go read this series, I can’t wait for the next book!

Disclaimer:

I received this book from NetGalley and Atlas Productions, so that I may give my honest opinion and a review. Whether it is good or not please do not let it discourage you from purchasing/reading the book yourself and forming your own opinion. What might be good for me may not be good for you and vice versa. With that said, Happy Reading Everyone!!!

No comments: